Apprenticeships in Northumberland
Over 60 new apprenticeship vacancies!
What is an apprenticeship at Northumberland County Council?
An apprenticeship is a real job where you learn, gain experience, and get paid. By the end of your apprenticeship, you will have the right skills and knowledge needed for your chosen career. Whether taking your first steps on the career ladder, upskilling or searching for a career change - there is an apprenticeship for everyone.
Apprenticeships are structured training programmes that give you the opportunity to gain on the job experience whilst working towards a recognised apprenticeship standard. They help you gain the skills and knowledge you need to succeed in your chosen industry. The Northumberland County Council apprenticeship programme allows people to work for the council to develop their skills and knowledge whilst gaining a qualification.
All apprentices will:
• Be employed by the council
• Earn a wage
• Follow a training programme
• Receive both on and off the job training
• Develop their skills to ensure they can do the job well
We are offering:
• Opportunity to progress into a fixed term/permanent role
• Apprenticeship wage, rising to national minimum wage after 365 days
• 25 Days annual leave, including bank holidays
• A wide range of staff benefits
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Access to high quality training
• A year’s free membership to the Totum Student Discount Card
• IT equipment to support your learning (if required)
Throughout your apprenticeship you will have the support of a Northumberland County Council Apprenticeship Mentor who will guide you throughout your journey and help you progress in your chosen trade or career.
Northumberland County Council currently has over sixty apprenticeship vacancies available, join our legal, horticulture or libraries team or forge a career in adult social care, IT support, business admin. Or get hands-on experience in a trade like joinery or electricals. There is so much choice. Build your future here.
Don’t see the right apprenticeship for you? Register your details to find out about our future vacancies.
Find out more
Text ‘APPLY’ to: 07929 746545
There are no jobs linked to this campaign