Key Stage 1 Teacher - Highfield Academy (IRIS Learning Trust)
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 10/12/2018 12:00
Schools - Teaching
Fordfield Road, Sunderland SR4 0DA
Tel: 0191 553 7655
Headteacher: Melanie Davies
Vacancy for Key Stage 1 Teacher
Full Time – fixed term for 2 terms in the first instance
Start date – January 2019
Highfield Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in accordance with Sunderland Local Safeguarding Board Procedures. Candidates for vacant posts are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate background checks and vetting. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Highfield Academy are part of the IRIS Learning Trust with Valley Road Academy.
Governors are seeking to appoint a talented, enthusiastic and hard-working class teacher, ready for January 2019. It is an exciting opportunity to join a dedicated and aspirational team.
We are looking forward to great partnerships working across the trust and this post would suit both experienced and newly qualified teachers.
Governors are looking for candidates with appropriate classroom experience and the following essential requirements:
• Excellent, up to date, knowledge of the Curriculum
• Experience of using assessment and observations to inform effective planning
• Experience in teaching phonics
• A track record of good/outstanding practice
• An understanding of how the learning environment contributes to learning
• An understanding of how to improve outcomes and raise achievement for all Highfield children
• An effective communicator and team member who can work in an environment of collective accountability.
• An understanding and empathy with children with any additional need
• A commitment to working in close partnership with staff, trustees, parents and the wider community in order to transform Highfield Academy into a great provider of education for its community
• A commitment to your own professional development
Visits are welcome to the school, please contact Mrs Annie Jennings. 0191 5537655
Applications forms are available from firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed forms to be returned by Noon Monday 10th December 2018
Interviews will be held week beginning Monday 17th December 2018
This job is closed for applications.