Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 14/12/2018 12:00
Actual Annual Salary £22,970 - £24,489 per annum
Schools - Support
Head of School: Danny Yates B.Ed. (Hons)
Tel: 01642 310561
Fax: 01642 325672
We are looking for a Senior Pastoral Manager to strengthen our pastoral support team within the academy.
Grade F £26,470 - £28,221 Salary Points 29 - 31
Actual Annual Salary £22,970 - £24,489
Term Time Only plus 5 days
37 hours per week (the 5 days will be determined by the PD days calendared each year)
Nunthorpe Academy is a very popular co-educational 11-19 comprehensive converter Academy with approximately 1550 students on roll - judged to be OUTSTANDING – and in ALL aspects - by OFSTED in April 2013.
What can you offer Nunthorpe?
• Do you have a passion for the education of students?
• Do you possess excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills with equally excellent multi-tasking abilities?
• Are you proactive and committed with have a meticulous attention to detail, and a strong work ethic?
• Do you possess GCSE (or equivalent) grade C in Mathematics and English?
• Do you have proven experience of working with young people to support them to achieve their social and academic potential?
The successful candidate will:
The duties are: to lead a team dedicated to improving life chances for our students, work in partnership with an Assistant Pastoral Manager and lead a pastoral team of 15 tutors; monitor and maintain high standards relating to uniform and behaviour; monitor, implement and evaluate attendance strategies for students within your allocated House; develop pro-active programmes with targeted groups of individuals which support the ‘Behaviour and Engagement’ of all students; liaise with the Inclusion Officers to investigate specific behaviour incidents including the distribution of written/verbal/other evidence resulting from investigations; hold parental meetings both on and off site to support students well-being and academic progress; to liaise effectively with external agencies and complete referrals to actively promote student well-being; work as part of the isolation supervision, social time supervision and first aid teams; lead PSP’s and liaise with the Vice Principal to support managed moved students both in and out of the academy, mid year transfers and FAPs.
What can Nunthorpe offer you?
• An innovative role with the scope for additional responsibilities and ‘whole Academy’ based projects for those applicants with sufficient initiative, talent, drive, commitment and passion.
• A specific induction programme and exciting opportunities
• A clear and purposeful role - HUGELY valued by staff, students, parents and our community
• A strategic and team building residential with the other Senior and Assistant Pastoral Managers to secure your knowledge and expectations of the role (25/26 January 2019)
Do you think you could be part of our team, contribute to our ongoing success and inspire our students, parents and your colleagues?
If so please download an application pack from website www.tes.co.uk by Friday 14 December Noon.
Interviews will be held Week Commencing 17 December 2018
We look forward to hearing from you!
The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced disclosure & barring service check (DBS) will be sought.
This job is closed for applications.