Attendance & Parent Support Officer- Bishopton PRU
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 11/01/2019 23:59
£18,659 - £19,879 per annum
Schools - Support
37 hours per week
Bishopton Pupil Referral Unit is a complex PRU of Stockton-on-Tees Local Authority. It takes pupils from Key Stage 2, 3 & 4 from the whole of Stockton authority. It comprises of two separate sites, who work together as one single PRU. The PRU takes referrals from 60 primary schools and 13 secondary schools. There are currently 85 on roll. Bishopton received a grade of good, by Ofsted, in June 2017. We are now on an exciting journey to be an outstanding school with a clear strategic vision for moving forward.
We wish to appoint an Attendance & Parent Support Officer who will be responsible for working closely with pupils and their families to promote excellent attendance across the whole school, a key priority area highlighted in our last Ofsted report. The post holder will be proactive and creative in their approach to improving attendance and building strong relationships with parents/carers and families. This involves the exciting opportunity to develop training courses that are engaging, valued and have a positive impact on the whole school community.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead on promoting high levels of attendance and punctuality by students and to maintain records both manual and electronic relating to these areas
- Organise, liaise with students, parents/carers, SLT, teachers and tutors as well as other professionals in relation to student attendance and punctuality
- Complete and provide information and statistics regarding student attendance and punctuality as required by the school/ local authority and DfE
- Liaise with SLT in supporting good attendance and punctuality
- Contribute to the overall ethos, work and aims of the Bishopton
- To work with parents/carers and develop strategies to support young people
- To develop a parenting programme to strengthen the work carried out in school
This is a particularly challenging role and the successful candidate must be committed to creating a positive learning environment no matter what barriers they may face. You will need a high level of resilience and a commitment to working as part of an emotionally intelligent team to support vulnerable children and their families.
Bishopton is committed to providing a safe, caring and stimulating environment for all pupils.
Closing Date: 12 noon on Friday 11st January 2019
Shortlisting: to take place in January 2019, interview date TBC.
If you wish to discuss the position or find out more about working in a PRU, please contact Mrs Carr (Headteacher) for an informal chat.
An application pack can be obtained from Mary Denham via email; Mary.Denham@sbcschools.org.uk
Bishopton PRU, Marsh House Avenue, Billingham, Stockton-On-Tees, TS23 3HB Tel: (01642) 566369
This job is closed for applications.