Independent Reviewing Officer x 2 posts
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 13/01/2019 23:59
Grade 13 £38,052 - £41,846
Social Care - Children Service
Children and Young Peoples Services – Safeguarding and Professional Practice
Vacancy Reference No: CYPS/18/401
Independent Reviewing Officer (IRO) x 2 posts
Salary: Grade 13 £38,052 - £41,846
Job Location: Countywide, Durham
To respond to increased demand we are creating new 2 new Independent Reviewing Officer (IRO) posts.
As an IRO, you will be passionate about improving the lives of vulnerable children and their families, and will set high expectations for all professionals working with children. You will be responsible for:
• Act as an Independent Reviewing Officer in chairing Looked After Reviews, overseeing the progression of timely and high quality plans for those children looked after by the local authority
• Chair Child Protection Conferences, private fostering reviews, secure accommodation reviews, foster carer reviews, disruption meetings and complex planning meetings, holding all involved agencies to account in ensuring that children living in high risk situations at home are protected, and their needs are met.
We are seeking highly motivated individuals who:
• Are qualified social workers, registered with the Health and Care Professions Council
• Have 5 years post-qualifying experience with Children and Families (Child Protection & Looked After)
• Are focused on improving outcomes for children and families.
• Are able to establish constructive working relationships with staff in Children and Young People’s Services and other agencies.
• Have the confidence and ability to work constructively with senior managers, offering a critical perspective and appropriate challenge.
For an informal discussion about the posts, please contact Jac Tyler, Operations Manager by telephone on 03000 262155 or by e-mail at: Jac.Tyler@durham.gov.uk
Required qualifications: Final professional Social Care qualification to diploma level - Diploma in Social Work or equivalent AND HCPC Registration.
The successful applicant for this post will be required to apply for a Disclosure & Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure.
It is anticipated that interviews will be held on Friday 25th January 2019.
Apply on-line or for further assistance contact the HR Operations & Data Team on Telephone: 03000 267247 (24hr answerphone). Email: hrCYPS@durham.gov.uk
In line with the County Council’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CV’s. Any information provided on CV’s will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’ as you will not be notified by any other means.
This job is closed for applications.