Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 13/01/2019 23:59
£22,401 - £25,463
Your normal place of work be County Hall. However, you may be required to work at any council workplace within County Durham.
Children and Young People's Service
Education & Skills - School and Governor Support
Vacancy Reference Number: CYPS/18/383
Post: Governance Clerk - full time - temporary until 31st January 2020 or until the return of the substantive post holder.
Salary: £22,401 to £25,463 Grade 7
Location: Your normal place of work be County Hall, Durham. However, you may be required to work at any council workplace within County Durham.
We are looking for a full-time, temporary Governance Clerk. The primary purpose of the post will be to provide effective services for the Authority’s schools, their Governors and other schools contracted under a Service Level Agreement. In order to carry out these duties, the post holder will need
to liaise with colleagues across the Service and occasionally in other Services and other agencies.
Listed below are the responsibilities this role will be primarily responsible for:
• Representation of CYPS at Governors’ meetings in a range of settings, as required, providing information, advice and support in the full range of matters involved.
• Arrangements for the staffing, clerking and production of minutes of meetings of Governing Bodies, in a range of settings as detailed in the current SLA and in the SGSS Quality Documentation for those schools contracted under an SLA to include the delivery of Governor Development Briefings and clarification around procedural advice & guidance.
• Provide administrative support around Leadership appointments.
• Provision of day to day operational support to schools and Governors on leadership, management and governance issues to include the provision of data to support the maintenance of the Governor Database.
• Provision of appropriate advice to members of the public and responding to enquiries and complaints.
Required qualifications: BTEC Higher in Public Administration or NVQ Level 4 in Administration or Foundation Degree in Public Services Administration or relevant equivalent.
For further information about the post please contact Kath Allison, Senior Governance Clerk on 03000 265700 or email Kath.email@example.com
It is anticipated that interviews will be held on week commencing 21 January 2019.
Apply on-line or for further assistance contact the HR Operations & Data Team on Telephone: 03000 267247 (24hr answerphone). Email: hrCYPS@durham.gov.uk
In line with the County Council’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CV’s. Any information provided on CV’s will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’ as you will not be notified by any other means.
This job is closed for applications.