Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 23/01/2019 16:00
£16,863 - £17,007 pro rata
Schools - Support
Burnside Primary School
Required from 1st February 2019 or as soon as possible after that.
Temporary until 31st August 2019 / 10 hours per week
Our friendly and welcoming school is set at the heart of the local community. A recent Ofsted inspection (January 2017) judged the school to be good.
The governors are seeking to appoint a highly motivated cleaner to join our staff.
The post requires you to undertake duties in the following areas:
• Work under the supervision of the Head teacher or another designated person
• Report immediately to the caretaker any defect or damage to any equipment, especially stepladders and ladders, and store away in a safe place until it has been repaired or disposed of
• Report any incident to the caretaker, Head teacher or designated person, and fill in appropriate forms
• Clean identified areas of the school including classrooms, children/staff toilets, corridors, offices and staffroom. Tasks will include damp dusting, mopping floors, washing tables, chairs and shelves, dusting furniture, etc..
• Inform caretaker of the need for replacement light fittings/fuses etc
• Inform caretaker of the need for supplies
The cleaning and caretaking staff are expected to provide mutual assistance in the moving of heavy furniture so as to enable each to carry out their respective duties
Applicants are very welcome to visit the school. Please notify the office of your intention to visit by ringing 01207 234020. Please note previous applicant are welcome to re-apply.
Application packs can be downloaded from the County Council Jobs web page: alternatively they can be obtained by emailing, firstname.lastname@example.org and completed forms must be returned to the school.
Closing date: Friday 23rd January 2019 at 4pm
Interviews: Monday 28th January 2019
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to an enhanced disclosure DBS check.
Durham County Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met.
Please note that this position is whole time, which means that you will be in attendance at work all year round (52 weeks a year) and will have an annual leave entitlement (26 days if you have less than 5 years’ continuous local government service, 31 days if you have in excess of 5 years’ continuous local government service; pro rata for part time).
Burnside Primary School
Tel: 01207 234020
This job is closed for applications.