Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 14/01/2019 12:00
£17,173 - £18,319 pro rata
Schools - Support
Etherley Lane Nursery School
Required as soon as possible
Part time / Term time only
Etherley Lane Nursery is looking to appoint an Administration Assistant to work in the school office. The post is to start as soon as possible and is fixed term until 19th July 2019.
The postholder will work under the direction of the Acting Headteacher and School Business Manager.
Main duties and responsibilities are:
• Responsible for being the first point of contact for the headteacher, welcoming visitors and parents to the school and answering telephone calls, post etc. including responsibility for managing the school administration office.
• Operate SIMS and FMS systems.
• Prepare and complete documentation and returns in relations to admission and registration procedures and transfers to primary education including, but not, exclusively, common transfer procedures, weekly and monthly electronic registration returns including the monitoring and reporting of un-authorised absences, staff attendance and absences.
• Access monthly Oracle reports. Supports the headteacher in working towards SFVS and maintain procedures and documentation thereafter. Including but not exclusively, Petty Cash records and claims on 30 hour eligibility/2 year old place.
• Responsible for liaising with support assistant, caretaker and nursery staff including the reporting of and monitoring repairs to fabric and equipment.
• Liaise with all feeder schools and other early year’s providers when children transfer including common transfer and transfer of schools records including the preparation of leavers to ensure smooth transfer of pupils to the school.
• Responsible for the production of minutes for staff meetings in special circumstances to ensure full records are kept of all such meetings.
• Responsible for ensuring all database systems used within the school are kept up to date and current to ensure contact can be made when necessary with all members of staff pupils.
• Manage, distribute and check yearly indemnity forms, following up any none returns.
• Responsible for maintenance of stock/asset registers for the school and manage annual stock checks.
• Responsible for collection of monies from families in relation to breakfast club, wrap around care, 2 year old places, school visits etc.
• Oversee children’s illnesses and accidents, inform staff and parents as appropriate ensure that records are kept.
• Responsible for ensuring all necessary administrative tasks are covered and carried out to ensure smooth running of the school and all authority processes and procedures are followed.
• To attend any training courses relevant to the post, ensuring continuing personal and professional development.
• Role requires working with a team.
• Ability to present oneself as a role model to pupils in speech, dress, behaviour and attitude.
• Provide appropriate help throughout the day including break and lunchtime monitoring and pre/post school activities as necessary.
• Provide pastoral care and support to sick and injured children taking appropriate action as necessary ensuring parents and school staff are fully informed of incidents and accidents.
• Maintain accident records as required.
• The postholder may undertake any other duties that are commensurate with the post
• The postholder has common duties and responsibilities in the area of:
Quality Assurance, Communication, Professional Practice, Health and Safety, General Management (where applicable), Financial Management (where applicable), Appraisal, Equality and Diversity.
Application forms can be downloaded from this site or are available from and returnable to the School Office 01388 604835
During Christmas holidays (22nd December 2018 – Sunday 6th January 2019) packs can be obtained via the school email address: email@example.com
Visits to the school are welcomed, please telephone the school on 01388 604835 to arrange an appointment.
Closing date: Monday 14th January 2019, 12 noon
Interviews: Friday 18th January 2019
Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
Etherley Lane Nursery School
Tel: 01388 604835
This job is closed for applications.