Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 21/01/2019 12:00
Schools - Teaching
Mortimer Primary School, South Shields
(MORTIMER PRIMARY SCHOOL)
NUMBER ON ROLL: 644 including nursery
Required for September 2019
Mortimer Primary School is an outstanding school with a strong and successful ethos. Parents, children, governors and staff all view the school as an attractive, caring, busy and orderly community, where each individual can achieve their full educational potential. As a designated Teaching School, we are committed to promoting best practice in the region.
Due to the forthcoming retirement of our much-respected Head Teacher an exciting opportunity has arisen for the Governing Board to appoint a dynamic and experienced school leader to take up the role of Head Teacher.
We are seeking to appoint a committed and dedicated leader who is highly motivated and who has a clear vision for the further development of the school and outstanding interpersonal skills.
The successful applicant will:
• Have a strong commitment to sustaining school improvement
• Be committed to the safeguarding and well-being of children
• Be passionate about raising standards and committed to developing the potential of every child
• Maintain a focus to excellence in the teaching and learning through an enriched curriculum
• Have proven leadership and management skills
• Demonstrate sound financial management
• Be approachable, receptive and able to challenge, motivate and inspire others
• Have high expectations of achievement and behaviour
• Build on the school’s success as a teaching school and develop its area-wide role in promoting school-led self-improvement.
Shortlisting: 25 January 2019
Formal Interview: 5 and 6 February 2019
Applicants may contact the school to arrange a visit on (0191) 4554504.
South Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant pre-employment checks.
To find out more about this role and to apply please visit www.southtyneside.gov.uk alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (0191) 455 4968. BT Typetalkers welcome.
Closing date: Noon: Monday 21 January 2019
This job is closed for applications.