Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 25/01/2019 09:00
L8 – L12, £47,501 - £52,414
Schools - Teaching
Shotton Hall Primary School
Required as soon as possible.
The Governors seek to appoint a committed, experienced and enthusiastic teacher with senior management experience.
The Governors of this successful school are inviting applications for an exceptional Deputy Head Teacher to join our senior leadership team, staff, parents and happy hardworking children at our large modern school set in beautiful landscaped grounds.
We are seeking a dedicated and ambitious teacher to further develop their senior leadership skills and take the next step towards headship. Within this wide role, the Deputy Head teacher will be involved in the strategic management of the school including the pre-school. The post holder will be responsible for managing staff and raising standards, helping to promote a strong culture that is both nurturing and rigorous.
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced and outstanding strategic leader with a resilient character, an ability to self-reflect and respond and a strong personal drive to succeed.
The ideal candidate will:
• be a strong team player and strategic thinker who is able to motivate, lead, support and challenge
• be able to form high quality professional relationships with all staff, pupils and stakeholders demonstrating excellent communication and inter personal skills
• have the knowledge and skills to work alongside the headteacher and governors to lead the development of high quality individualised care and learning
• be able to manage change and drive creativity and innovation in the curriculum
• demonstrate a nurturing and engaging personality and a sense of humour
• have proven experience of positively impacting on vulnerable pupils and their families
• have proven experience of raising progress and attainment and developing a culture of excellence
• recognise and demonstrate the SHINE mission of our school, our commitment to RRSA and our ambition to develop as a centre of excellence for inclusion
• show commitment to the inclusion of all children and promote our ethos of high expectations for all
• show commitment to the concept of learning outside the classroom
• have an ability to effectively manage their time in this busy and happy environment
The Governors of Shotton Hall Primary School can offer
• A bespoke CPD package which will support you in your career development towards headship
• The opportunity to work in close contact with the head teacher gaining a deep insight into the role
• A strong and supportive team with well-structured and organised systems and procedures in place
• The opportunity to broaden experience by working in a school which has achieved RRSA gold level, IQM quality mark, LGBT award
• The opportunity to play a strong role in the strategic leadership of the school
• The opportunity to be outward facing and work with other schools through our partnership and more widely
Application forms and an information pack are available from and returnable to The Corporate Director of Children and Young People’s Services, c/o the School and Governor Support Service, Children and Young People’s Services, County Hall, Durham. DH1 5UJ, or email SGSS.Administration@durham.gov.uk
As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions, making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 25 January 2019 at 9am.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Disclosure form.
Shotton Hall Primary School
Tel. No. 0191 586 4515
N.O.R. 343 plus 25 FTE Nursery
This job is closed for applications.