Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 25/02/2019 23:59
Grade 2, £16,863- £17,391 (pro-rata)
Schools - Support
St William’s RCVA Primary
Required 1st April 2018
37 hours per week
The Governors of St William’s RCVA Primary School are looking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic caretaker.
Key duties will include:
• Ensure that buildings and site are secure, including during out of school hours and take remedial action as require
• Daily cleaning and maintenance of whole school
• Act as the designated key holder for the school premises
• Operate and regularly check systems such as heating, cooling, lighting and security (including CCTV and alarms)
• Undertake minor repairs (ie. those not requiring , qualified craftsperson) and maintenance of the buildings and site (including painting and decorating)
• Arrange emergency repairs
• Arrange regular maintenance and safety checks
• Oversee onsite maintenance contractors, checking that work is completed to required standards and within required timescales
• Undertake general porterage duties, including moving furniture and equipment within the school
• Perform duties in line with health and safety and COSHH regulations and take action where hazards are identified, report serious hazards to line manager immediately
• Undertake regular health and safety checks of buildings, grounds, fixtures and fittings, (including compliance with safety regulations) and equipment, in line with other schedules
• Basic grounds maintenance – snow clearing, salting during adverse weather, litter picking, bin emptying
• Other duties as required
Please note that this position is whole time, which means that you will be in attendance at work all year round (52 weeks a year) and will have an annual leave entitlement (26 days if you have less than 5 years’ continuous local government service, 31 days if you have in excess of 5 years’ continuous local government service
Applicants are invited to visit the school by prior appointment.
Closing Date: Monday 25th February
Interviews: Friday 1st March
Further details including job description and person specification are available from the school or by e-mail email@example.com
Application forms are also available directly from the Catholic Education Service website on the following link: http://www.catholiceducation.org.uk/employment-documents/application-forms
Only applications using CES form will be accepted. Please also complete the Recruitment monitoring forma and the Rehabilitation of Offenders Declaration Form.
All completed forms with covering letter must be returned to the Head Teacher at the school.
The Governing Body of St William’s RC Primary School and the Diocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young persons and the Head Teacher must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service
Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
St William’s RCVA Primary
Telephone: 01429 880348
This job is closed for applications.