Assistant Head Teacher- Bishopton PRU
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 01/02/2019 23:59
£41,989.00 - £46,430.00 annually
Schools - Support
After receiving a grade of Good across all categories, by Ofsted in June 2017, we are now on an exciting journey to be an outstanding school with a clear strategic vision for moving forward. To complement our vision we wish to appoint an Assistant Head Teacher who will be responsible for working alongside the Deputy and Head teacher to ensure that the school provides a safe and positive learning environment in which children and young people can develop the necessary skills to make a positive transition into the next stage of their education, employment and/or training. Bishopton PRU also recently became an Inclusion Quality Mark Centre of Excellence and we intend to continue to strive for recognition of outstanding practice in a range of key areas including SMSC.
Bishopton Pupil Referral Unit is a complex PRU of Stockton-on-Tees Local Authority. It takes pupils from Key Stage 2, 3 & 4 from the whole of Stockton authority. The PRU comprises of two separate sites, who work together as one single PRU. We take referrals from 60 primary schools and 13 secondary schools and are commissioned by the Local Authority to take 70 permanently excluded pupils. The PRU also provides outreach and in-school partnership placements for pupils who for various reasons are not in mainstream education. Bishopton PRU is committed to providing a safe, caring and stimulating environment for all pupils.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead on Assessment and outcomes across the school
- Lead on staff induction and visitor induction to the PRU - for example, volunteers, students etc.
- Support the Alternative Education Manager in being part of the ongoing Quality Assurance of Off-Site provision
- Contribute to the development of a comprehensive and clear strategic vision for the school
- Support staff in delivering outstanding outcomes
- As part of the Senior Leadership Team, support with monitoring of Teaching and Learning
- Be an outstanding practitioner - the successful candidate will be required to teach
- Support the Deputy and Headteacher in strategic leadership and school development
- Lead and manage staff and students
- Sustain an excellent environment for learning
- Promote and strengthen the partnership between the school and the community
This is a particularly challenging role and the successful candidate must be committed to creating a positive learning environment no matter what barriers they may face. You will need a high level of resilience and a commitment to working as part of an emotionally intelligent team to support vulnerable children.
Bishopton is committed to providing a safe, caring and stimulating environment for all pupils.
Interview Date: To take place week commencing 11th February 2019
If you wish to discuss the position or find out more about working in a PRU, please contact Mrs Carr (Headteacher) for an informal chat. An application pack can be obtained from Mary Denham via email; Mary.Denham@sbcschools.org.uk
Marsh House Avenue, Billingham, Stockton-On-Tees, TS23 3HB
Tel: (01642) 566369
This job is closed for applications.