Please See Advert Text
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 31/12/2020 23:59
Fees up to £550 per week
Social Care - Children Service
Any location in North Tyneside
Now is an exciting time to foster with North Tyneside Council as we have launched our new fostering strategy. This sets out North Tyneside Council’s commitment to foster carers including the payments and support. We have introduced a new ‘payment for skills’ structure with three payment bands linked to competency skills and training - accredited, advanced and specialist.
At any one time, over 120 children and young people in North Tyneside are cared for by some of the borough’s true heroes. You do not have to wear superhero capes and costumes but you too could make one of the most amazing contributions to the life of our community – opening you door and life to a child or young person in need of love and care.
Mainstream fostering can be anything from taking a child or a sibling group into your home for one weekend a month, to looking after them on a full-time basis for a few months, or perhaps permanently.
You will receive:
• Fees of up to £550 per week which is paid 52 weeks per year, whether or not you have a child placed with you
• An allowance to cover the foster child’s living expenses
• Ongoing training from a wide range of professionals and 24-hour support from the Fostering Service
• 2-week’s paid holiday per year plus additional respite
• Dedicated Supervising Social Worker
• A foster carer buddy
For further information please contact the Fostering Service on (0191) 643 2540 or email: email@example.com
This job is closed for applications.