KS2 Class Teacher - Glaisdale Primary School
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 14/02/2019 12:00
Teachers Main Scale
Schools - Teaching
Glaisdale Primary School
KS2 Class Teacher
Easter or September 2019 start
‘Come and join a village primary school that is part of an outstanding teaching alliance and a national English hub’
If you want to work in a village setting with wonderful well behaved children, supportive leadership and tailored professional learning opportunities then we want to hear from you!
Here at Glaisdale Primary School we share a special and unique learning community with Castleton and Lealholm Primary, and we are proud to serve the village of Glaisdale and surrounding areas around Whitby. The three schools are also part of a newly formed group of academies with Airy Hill and Westcliff in Whitby, known as Yorkshire Endeavour Academy Trust (YEAT).
YEAT is also one of 32 schools nationally to be a designated ‘English Hub’ which delivers excellence in early language and phonics teaching in reception and KS1.
Our learning environment and education provision that is offered to our 41 children on roll is second to none and Ofsted in May 2013, and recent school reviews judge us to be an ‘outstanding’ school.
Our teachers benefit from a large team of highly skilled Teaching Assistants that play an important part in school life. Life at our schools is calm, purposeful and enjoyable.
We have smaller than average classes, and highly supportive staff, governors, families and community. By having three distinct schools working as one has allowed our EYFS, KS1 and KS2 teachers to share work load, curriculum ideas and best practice.
We are looking to appoint a teaching professional to join us as our new KS2 Teacher at Glaisdale Primary School. This post is open to both newly qualified teachers who have had placement experience in a smaller school, as well as more experienced colleagues.
Although ideally we would like to appoint for Easter 2019, for the right candidate we can also offer a July or September 2019 start.
We are looking for:
• A skilled professional who has an engaging and dynamic style of teaching and can differentiate across KS2.
• Someone who has the drive and ambition to make sure our children achieve their very best, and promotes academic excellence
• A teacher with a flair and passion for primary education who will embrace working and teaching in our school.
We can offer you:
• Delightful children who respect each other, have a thirst for learning new things and a staff culture which allows new members to thrive and develop.
• Opportunities to further develop your craft and a leadership team that will support your ideas and use school resources to help your career aspirations.
• A village school where staff tell us they ‘have tailored professional opportunities and are encouraged to play their part in our distributed leadership structure.
• Children who love being here and in their words ‘Glaisdale is a happy school and we learn from each other’.
Join us and build a wonderful career in a school you are passionate about. Please contact James on the details below.
We strongly recommend that you visit us so that we can share with you why we are so proud of our school, and you will get a chance to see what we have to offer.
The date of commencement for this post will be Easter 2019 (or July or September 2019 for the right candidate). Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the closing date.
Closing date: Thursday 14 February at 5pm.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
For an informal conversation about the role, to arrange a visit and for an application pack please contact James Annetts at Resourcing Solutions (North Yorkshire County Council) at email@example.com or call 01609 534939 / 07966261249
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
This job is closed for applications.