Registered Manager - Childrens Residential Services
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 12/02/2019 23:59
In the region of £37,000 negotiable depending on experience
Social Care - Children Service
OUR VISION: INSPIRE, BELIEVE, ACHIEVE
DO YOU WANT TO BE PART OF THE JOURNEY?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to become the new Registered Manager of our residential children's home in Jesmond (close to Newcastle City Centre). Rated 'outstanding' by Ofsted, this service provides support to children/young people who have a learning or physical disability with additional needs.
The role offers:
• The opportunity to make a difference - you will be instrumental in shaping the ethos of the home through developing a culture of high aspiration for the children
• A chance to lead a fantastic team who support children to have meaningful and fulfilled lives, by helping them to develop the confidence and skills required to enhance independent living.
• Variety, challenge and an immense amount of job satisfaction
• The opportunity to excel professionally with support from an enabling management team
• Professional development opportunities - including leadership development programme and fully funded qualifications
We are particularly keen to invite applications from a current Registered Manager within children's services looking for their next challenge, or a very experienced Deputy Manager looking for a progression opportunity. You will have strong leadership skills, a demonstrable commitment and passion for the delivery of excellent care, as well as a drive for continuous improvement. Ideally you will have achieved your Level 5 Diploma in Leadership & Management for Residential Childcare (or equivalent), or be willing to work towards this.
In return we offer a range of benefits including:
• A competitive salary
• 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Comprehensive induction programme
• Excellent in house and external training opportunities
• Opportunity to gain nationally recognised qualifications
• Access to a rewards scheme designed to save you money on shopping. Includes specially arranged discounts, savings and cashback opportunities with a huge list retailers
• Pension and life assurance schemes
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Childcare Vouchers
• Access to a range of wellbeing services and generous occupational sick pay
For more information please contact Barbara Bolam (Head of Children's Residential Services) on 0191 216 5180.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure
This job is closed for applications.