Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 25/02/2019 12:00
Group 2, L8-L21a, £47,501 - £64,736 per annum, depending on relevant experience
Hours per week:
Full time as in accordance with the teachers' pay and conditions document
Schools - Teaching
Dinnington First School, Sycamore Avenue, Dinnington, Newcastle upon Tyne NE13 7JY
This is a Foundation School which is part of a Trust; the employer will be the Governing Body of the School.
Dinnington First School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tel: 01661 822457
Required 1 September 2019
Dinnington First School is in the small village of Dinnington, on the northern outskirts of Newcastle upon Tyne, accessible from all major routes. Part of the Gosforth Pyramid 3-tier system and a founder member of the Gosforth Schools Trust, most children follow the current feeder arrangement into Gosforth East Middle School and later to Gosforth Academy. Following recent investment from the Department of Education and Newcastle Local Authority, the staff and pupils moved into a brand new, purpose-built school in January this year.
Due to the forthcoming retirement of our current Headteacher we are looking to appoint an inspirational, innovative and motivated leader, who will continue to take the school forward with vision and passion. Governors, staff and pupils are seeking someone to continue to improve and sustain high expectations, aspirations and achievements for all our learners. Applicants will need to provide leadership of the highest quality in the academic, pastoral and management fields and be able to show evidence of successful change management.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a passion for education and the knowledge, vision and skills to build on our good progress
• Lead by example and have high expectations of attainment, progress and behaviour
• Be passionate about developing teaching and learning with an imaginative and effective approach
• Balance resources efficiently and effectively in a way that maximises performance and ensures the financial sustainability of the school
• Enhance our strong links with the Parish, Gosforth Schools Trust, parents and the wider community
In return we will offer:
• A happy, warm, welcoming school community
• Polite and confident pupils who are positive about their learning.
• Professional and dedicated staff who work well as a team
• A caring community, united in our desire to learn and improve together
• Excellent learning facilities which are bright, spacious and new.
• Supportive Governors, staff and parents
• The opportunity to further develop leadership skills and CPD
How to apply
A school visit led by the Chair of Governors is available on Tuesday 12 February between 3.30pm – 5.00pm. Please confirm attendance by email or telephoning the school office.
Completed application forms should be returned directly to the school by post and/or by email, no later than midday on Monday 25 February 2019.
Application forms and further information are available from our website www.dinnington.newcastle.sch.uk.
Closing date: Monday 25 February 2019 at 12noon
Short listing: Wednesday 27 February 2019
Interviews: Tuesday 19 March 2019 9.30am to 5.00pm
The governing body are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young persons. The Headteacher will ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced check for Regulated Activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
This job is closed for applications.