Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 21/02/2019 12:00
£41,989 - £46,429
Schools - Teaching
St Bede’s RCVA Primary School, Sacriston
Required for 1 September 2019
Salary: Group 1, LPR £41,989 - £46,430 (L3 – L7)
The Governors of St Bede’s RCVA Primary School wish to appoint a highly motivated Deputy Headteacher to enhance the leadership and management of our friendly, expanding and successful faith school. We are seeking a practising and committed Catholic who will work in partnership with all in our caring community.
‘A good Deputy Headteacher is someone who is thoughtful, kind and helpful to our school.’ By Patrick, Year 5.
We offer you:
• The opportunity to play a pivotal role in establishing a new and vibrant leadership team
• A good school with a very positive ethos, a rich and exciting curriculum and happy children who are well behaved and eager to learn
• An inclusive philosophy which focuses on the growth and potential of every child
• A strong Catholic ethos - the Catholic Life of the school was judged to be outstanding
• A talented, nurturing and hard-working staff team
• Strong Community & Parish links and a supportive cluster of schools
• A supportive and committed Governing Body
• A commitment to supporting your continued professional development
The successful candidate will be:
• A practising Catholic with the commitment to sustain and develop the Catholic identity of this warm and welcoming school
• A positive and motivated leader
• An excellent classroom practitioner; passionate in developing high standards and expectations for all pupils
• Committed to working as part of a friendly team
• An excellent communicator who is able to work with and support all in the school, parish and wider community
• Someone who takes a full and active role in all aspects of school life
We would warmly welcome visits from interested candidates. Please contact Mrs Susan Daynes, in our school office, to arrange an appointment.
Application forms and an information pack are available from and returnable to:
The Corporate Director of Children and Young People’s Services,
c/o EDUCATION Durham - School and Governor Support Service,
Children and Young People’s Services,
Closing Date: Thursday 21 February 2019 at 12 noon (Please note that this is in half term).
Shortlisting Date: Wednesday 27th February 2019
Interview Date: Friday 15 March 2019
Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met.
The Governing Body and the Diocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and the Headteacher must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard them. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced check for Regulated Activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
THIS POST IS NOT OPEN TO JOB SHARE
St Bede’s RCVA Primary School,
Tel: 0191 371 0272
This job is closed for applications.