English Co-ordinator/KS2 Phase Leader
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 28/02/2019 23:59
Permanent Full Time 10 Sessions M1-U3 £23,720 - £39,406 plus TLR 2a
Hours per week:
Schools - Teaching
Brandling Primary School
English co-ordinator and Key Stage 2 Phase leader TLR - Brandling Primary School
Full time Permanent: from September 2019 or sooner if possible
The children, headteacher and Governors of Brandling Primary School are looking for an outstanding, inspirational teacher and leader to join their school. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join our talented senior leadership team and work with our other newly appointed phase leaders and deputy headteacher.
Brandling Primary school is an Outstanding school where everyone is supported to reach their full potential, enjoy their learning and develop the skills they need to be successful in their life. In May 2016 Ofsted judged us to be Outstanding in all areas. We are committed to working with and supporting other schools across the region and have been designated a lead phonic partnership school by the DFE. In September 2018 we opened our new two classroom extension which has further improved the fantastic learning environment we offer at the school.
The successful candidate will be:
* An outstanding and experienced KS2 teacher, who is highly motivated with in depth knowledge and experience of the KS2 curriculum.
* Able to demonstrate strong management and leadership skills to lead a team of KS2 staff
* Be a team player and a good leader
* Have first class communication skills
* Be passionate about helping all children succeed
Role of English coordinator and Key Stage 2 Phase Lead
* Will be an excellent classroom practitioner who has high expectations of themselves and others and is passionate about all children to achieve success
* Experienced in working in Upper KS2 - Experience of teaching in Year 6 would be an advantage.
* Have outstanding knowledge of curriculum content for KS2 with the ability to lead others in securing successful learning for all children.
* Able to lead the further development of English by inspiring and motivating through a passionate commitment to the subject and having excellent subject knowledge.
In return we can offer you:
* To play a significant role in the continuing development of our school
* To manage and lead exciting experiences for all
* To be an active part of the Senior Leadership Team
* Well behaved children who are keen to learn and develop our school
* Friendly, supportive and talented colleagues who are motivated to develop our school and work well together
* An excellent CPD programme linked to your needs
* Supportive Governors who are keen to further improve our school
Pre-application visits to school are welcome, please telephone the school office to arrange a visit on 0191 4334079. For a wealth of information about the school, please visit: www.brandlingprimaryschool.org.uk
Brandling Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its pupils. If successful you will need to apply for an enhanced disclosure.
Further information, including the necessary application form is available from the school website, under vacancies, or in the attachments below.
You can also apply online at www.gateshead.gov.uk on 0191 4334079 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This job is closed for applications.