Headteacher - St Mary's RC Primary School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 08/03/2019 12:00
£55,064 - £74,985
Schools - Teaching
St Mary's RC Primary School
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF HEXHAM AND NEWCASTLE IN PARTNERSHIP WITH SUNDERLAND CITY COUNCIL
Full time Headteacher
Required – September 2019
NOR: 422 + 26 FTE Nursery
Salary Range: L14 – L27 (£55,064-£74,985)
Negotiable based on experience and skills.
‘Growing, Loving and Learning in the arms of Mary’
The Governors, staff and children of our friendly and successful school, wish to appoint an enthusiastic, inspirational Headteacher with the drive and commitment to lead our school to the next stage of its development. St Mary’s is a very popular, regularly oversubscribed school, with a Christ centred learning environment, where all members of the school community are encouraged to flourish and thrive. We were graded good by OFSTED in June 2018 and outstanding overall in our Section 48 (2014).
We can offer:
• A happy school with confident, achieving, well behaved pupils who feel safe within their school environment and are proud of their school.
• Dedicated, hardworking and enthusiastic staff, committed to ensuring each child attains their individual potential.
• A commitment to ensuring the development of staff for personal and pupil benefit.
• A strong focus on wellbeing and the ‘Rights Respecting’ agenda.
• A supportive and ambitious governing body committed to excellence and a bright future.
• A strong partnership with parish, parents, local schools, community, Diocese and Local Authority.
We are looking for a leader who:
• Is a committed practicing Catholic with a clear understanding of education and leadership in a Catholic school, who will nurture our spiritual and caring ethos.
• Is inspirational and passionate about pupils’ learning, fostering children’s enjoyment, whilst ensuring high levels of achievement; and who can apply strategic and creative thinking to lead the school to the next stage of its development.
• Has the ability to inspire, challenge, motivate and encourage staff.
• Is a natural communicator, able to build on our well-developed partnerships with children, staff, parents, parish and the wider community.
• Has the clarity of thought and resilience to lead our school.
How to apply:
Informal visits to the school are welcome and can be arranged by contacting the school on 0191 522 8787.
To receive an application pack and further details, please contact the school by email at email@example.com. Application packs are also available by request from the School Business Manager at the above address.
Applications should be returned for the attention of Mr. Stephen Armstrong, Chair of Governors to the above school address.
Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met.
Closing date for applications: Friday 8th March 2019
Shortlisting: Tuesday March 12th 2019
Interviews: Friday 29th March 2019
The Governing Body and Diocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and the Headteacher must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard them. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Check for Regulated Activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Please note that the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2009 apply to this position and therefore you are required to complete the ‘Disqualification by Association’ declaration form. Should you be successful in your application for this post, your appointment cannot be progressed without this declaration.
THIS POST IS NOT OPEN TO JOB SHARE
This job is closed for applications.