2 x Apprentice Business Administration
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 19/02/2019 23:59
£136.90 per week (NMW in second year)
Green Lane, Spennymoor or Tanfield Lea
Financial Support Services provide a number of key front line council functions to residents and businesses throughout the county.
There are currently approximately 60,000 housing benefit/council tax reduction claimants, 244,000 council tax households, 15,000 business rates payers and 7,000 adult social care charge paying clients supported by the service. Many of the clients supported are vulnerable.
The functions which Financial Support Services provide include:
• The administration of council tax billing, council tax reduction and housing benefit
• Managing all aspects of business rates billing, the assessment of social care charging, the assessment and administration of discretionary housing benefit, welfare assistance, supported accommodation housing benefit and the Deputy and Appointee Team
• Providing advice, information, support and representation in relation to welfare benefits
• Management, collection and enforcement of the council’s sundry debt, council tax and business rates
• Management and reconciliation of all the council’s income and expenditure to major funds
• Management and support of the council’s end-to-end procure-to-pay (P2P) process, including transactional purchasing support and the processing and control of invoice payments to the council’s creditors
• Provision of technical and administrative support for the service area
The successful candidates will develop skills to provide effective and efficient support to the team to help the service to operate effectively and efficiently.
Candidates should either have or expect to achieve 4 GCSEs at Grades A-C/9-4 including Maths and English Language or Level 2 in literacy and numeracy (or equivalent).
For further information regarding this vacancy please contact Michelle Smithson on 03000 263552 or email email@example.com.
Interviews will be held Tues 5th and Wednesday 6th March 2019.
In line with the County Council's Recruitment and Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CVs. Any information provided on CVs will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Apply on-line or for further assistance contact the HR Operations & Data Team on 03000 267247 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL COMMUNICATION REGARDING YOUR APPLICATION FOR THIS POST WILL BE SENT TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS THAT YOU HAVE REGISTERED WITH NORTH EAST JOBS, INCLUDING YOUR INVITE TO INTERVIEW IF YOU ARE SHORTLISTED. PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL AFTER THE CLOSING DATE FOR NOTIFICATION FROM DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK AS YOU WILL NOT BE NOTIFIED BY ANY OTHER MEANS. PLEASE ENSURE YOU CHECK YOUR JUNK MAIL.
This job is closed for applications.