Site Supervisor - Barnes Junior School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 25/02/2019 09:00
£18,870 - £20,541
Schools - Support
Barnes Junior School
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full time
Advert Start Date: 31/01/19
Advert End Date: 25/02/19 12:00 noon
Salary: Grade 3 £18,870 - £20,541 per annum
Hours per week: 37 hours per week
Job Category: Schools – Support
Employment Location: Barnes Junior School
Barnes Junior School
Tel: (0191) 553 5968
Fax: (0191) 553 5970
Head teacher: Mr S R Ward
Position: Site Supervisor
Required: April 2019, or as soon as possible.
The Head teacher and Governing Body of this successful school are looking to appoint a flexible, self-motivated and reliable person to work in our busy and vibrant school and help us to maintain our wonderful Victorian building and grounds to meet the needs of education in the 21st Century.
We are looking for someone who will:-
• Facilitate the smooth running of daily school functions with a positive and enthusiastic approach.
• Be responsible for the locking, unlocking and general security and safety of the site.
• Respond, as appropriate, to the changing needs of the school
• Maintain our school environment to a high standard and with great pride to support children’s learning
• Have a basic understanding of security, health and safety and porterage and be able to use their initiative
• Work effectively as part of a dedicated team and be an excellent role model to our children.
• Being proactive about keeping the school safe as well as in the upkeep of general maintenance.
• Use their own initiative in recognising jobs that require attention, planning and prioritising their workload,
• Be willing to undertake training and development
We can offer:-
• A welcoming and inclusive environment
• Opportunities to develop professionally
• A strong supportive team ethos committed to continuous improvement
Experience of working within a school environment would be an advantage, however, a similar role in premises/maintenance would be considered. The ability to work as part of a team is essential.
You will be required to work a split shift for example 6.45am to 10.45am and 2.30pm to 6.00pm each working day (5.30pm on a Friday), with some flexibility expected in relation to opening and closing the school for infrequent out-of-hours events and meetings.
Please note that all holidays associated with this post will need to be taken during school holiday time and the number of holidays will be calculated in line with Sunderland Council Annual Leave Guidance.
Application packs are available to download from North East Jobs Website.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and are arranged for Wednesday 13th February 2019 at 10am, 12pm and 2pm. Please contact the school office on 0191 553 5968 to book a visit.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Barnes Junior School safeguards and protects its pupils and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Sunderland Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.
Completed application forms should be returned to:
Closing date: 25th February 2018, 12noon
Shortlisting: wb 25th February 2019
Interviews: wb 11th March 2019
This job is closed for applications.