Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 28/02/2019 12:00
£16,863 - £17,391
Schools - Support
St Joseph’s RC Primary School, Ushaw Moor
Required from the 8th April 2019 or sooner if possible
Permanent / Full time 37 hours per week
Governors are seeking to appoint a flexible, enthusiastic and reliable Caretaker for St Joseph’s RC Primary School. Good communication, interpersonal and DIY skills are essential. Previous experience of caretaking in a school would be an advantage.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is hardworking, dedicated and reliable.
• Has excellent organisational skills and can prioritise work effectively.
• Acts as a role model and sets personal high standards in the completion of cleaning and other duties.
• Can communicate effectively with outside agencies.
• Maintains effective records related to health and safety and maintenance check procedures.
• Is committed to becoming part of our team.
• Has the ability to promote the school’s ethos and reputation within the community.
In return we can offer:
• A welcoming and committed team of staff, parents and governors.
• An inspiring group of pupils who are polite and enjoy learning.
• The chance to join a forward thinking team who are dedicated to continuous improvement.
• Opportunities for continual professional development.
The school is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure check along with relevant employment checks.
If you would like to visit the school prior to submitting your application please call the school office on 0191 3730355 to arrange a convenient date and time.
Please also visit our website to see more about our school: www.olqmstj.durham.sch.uk
Application forms are available from and returnable to the school. Please return your completed application form (marked Confidential) by post to:
Mrs Louise Keenan
St Joseph’s RC Primary School
The closing date for applications is 12 noon, Thursday 28th February 2019. Shortlisting will take place on Friday 1st March 2019. Interviews will be held on Friday 8th March 2019.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to inform them of their date and time for interview.
Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met
The Governing Body and the Diocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and the Headteacher must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard them. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced check for Regulated Activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that this position is whole time, which means that you will be in attendance at work all year round (52 weeks a year) and will have an annual leave entitlement (26 days if you have less than 5 years’ continuous local government service, 31 days if you have in excess of 5 years’ continuous local government service).
THE POST IS NOT OPEN TO JOB SHARE
This job is closed for applications.