Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 08/03/2019 12:00
L18 - L24, £60,153 - £69,673 per annum
Hours per week:
Full time as in accordance with the teachers' pay and conditions document
Schools - Teaching
Regent Farm First School, Wansbeck Road, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 3PE
This is a Foundation School which is part of a Trust; the employer will be the Governing Body of the School.
Inspiring our Rising Stars
Regent Farm First School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Group 3, Number on roll: 333 pupils
A Passionate and Creative Headteacher required for 1 September 2019.
Governors, children and staff are seeking to appoint an exceptional and inspirational Headteacher for our school. We are looking for an experienced senior leader with a proven track record of school improvement to continue to build on the success of the school and provide innovative leadership.
At our most recent inspection in January 2017, we were judged to be a good school. We are looking for a strong leader with the vision, energy, ambition, enthusiasm and drive to move the school forward in these challenging times.
Our new Headteacher will:
• be able to evidence their inspirational leadership and have a proven track record of effective school leadership at a senior level.
• have substantial experience and high level skills in people management and team-building, so that they can develop our collaborative teaching approach and lead the team of teaching and support staff.
• have a preferred approach to working closely with the governing body to set strategic direction.
• have experience and skills in financial management and the ability to manage resources effectively and efficiently.
• lead by example, provide stability and manage change.
• be creative and dynamic in developing the school.
• ensure that child protection and safeguarding of children are of the highest priority at all times.
• have a passion for school improvement and an appreciation and understanding of the barriers to learning.
• have the skills, flexibility and resilience to address challenges constructively.
• be approachable and have the ability and communication skills to work collaboratively with staff, parents, governors and the wider community.
We are proud to offer you:
• a welcoming, warm and friendly school
• a rich and diverse school community
• a fully inclusive school with happy children who enjoy learning
• a committed, supportive and strong Governing Board
• the support of a well-established Senior Leadership Team
• a school community with a passion for indoor and outdoor learning and extensive outdoor area
• the exciting opportunity to lead our dedicated, friendly, hardworking and experienced staff team.
Regent Farm First School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointment of the successful applicant will depend upon receipt of an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and a range of other recruitment checks.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage.
We would warmly welcome visits to the school prior to application. To enquire about a visit please telephone the school office on 0191 285 2294.
The closing date for applications is 12noon on Friday 8 March 2019
Completed applications should be sent to Mrs G Sanders, Chair of Governors, c/o the school address and marked ‘Strictly private and confidential’.
This job is closed for applications.