Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 28/02/2019 22:59
L15 - L21a £56,434 - £64,736 per annum
Hours per week:
Full time as in accordance with the teachers' pay and conditions document
Schools - Teaching
South Gosforth First School, Alnmouth Drive, South Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 1YF
This is a Foundation School which is part of a Trust; the employer will be the Governing Body of the School.
South Gosforth First School
Newcastle upon Tyne
(Reception to Year 4) with 300 on role.
Required for September 2019
Our much respected Head Teacher is retiring which has led to an exciting opportunity for the Governing Body to appoint an exceptional and inspiring leader.
Our most recent Ofsted short inspection in April 2017 judged the school as continuing as Good and recognised that “the school’s aspiration to have a “warm loving heart” informs the day to day life of the school.” We are proud of this and want to build on this ethos going forward.
Our school is vibrant and caring with confident and happy children who are eager to learn. We also have a dedicated, conscientious and enthusiastic Staff and committed Governing Body. We want to ensure that every child achieves their best outcomes and realises their full potential in both their educational achievement and wider development.
We are looking for a Head Teacher who:
• Is inspirational, dynamic, enthusiastic and inclusive;
• Can lead by example and be a role model for all of the community;
• Has experience of the effective management of resources and people;
• Can ensure consistently excellent teaching and encourage a culture of openness for learning and best practice;
• Has high expectations of all pupils in terms of behaviour, attitude and achievement;
• Has effective communication and interpersonal skills and the empathy and willingness to work collaboratively with staff, parents, governors and the wider community; and
• Can work effectively with the other schools in the Gosforth Schools Trust and its Board of Directors.
We can offer you the opportunity to:
• Lead our friendly, experienced and hard-working team of staff in delivering a wide, creative curriculum;
• Work in partnership with the other Head Teachers and Members of our Gosforth School Trust community and the Local Authority as well as with parents and the local community;
• Help us to build on the impressive foundations already at the school with its solid results and data, excellent attendance and behaviour and kind, positive and caring ethos;
• Establish a knowledge of every child individually to ensure that each child reaches their full potential; and
• Develop further your professional skills.
South Gosforth First School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointment of the successful applicant will depend upon receipt of an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and a range of other recruitment checks.
Visits to school will take place on:
12 February 2019 at 9.15am and 4.00pm
26 February 2019 at 9.15am and 4.00pm
Please telephone school (0191 285 3453) to book a place.
Interviews will take place week commencing 11 March 2019.
Application forms and other information can be downloaded from the school website at www.southgosforth.newcastle.sch.uk
Completed forms should be addressed to The Chair of Governors and returned to the address above.
This job is closed for applications.