Health and Safety Adviser
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 20/03/2019 12:00
£31,401 - £35,229
Health and Safety
County Hall and Advance Northumberland
Northumberland County Council operates a huge range of services across one of the largest counties in the UK. Local Government’s ongoing challenges and the diversity of our residents’ means we have to work smarter. That’s why we want bold, creative and agile thinkers who can help us move forward and innovate.
Are you interested in:
• Working within a busy health and safety team committed to continuous improvement?
• Working in a commercial housing environment?
We are looking for a qualified Health and Safety Adviser who, at least has specific experience in the construction/housing sector. The post holder will be managed as a member of the Council’s Corporate Health and Safety team, however, the key role involves providing an advisory service to a commercial housing sector client (Advance Northumberland). Key responsibilities include:
• Undertaking construction site audits
• Reporting to senior officers and board members
The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
We are offering:
• A starting salary of £31,401 rising to £35,229
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
• A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision and flexible working arrangements
• A NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent with at least three years’ experience working in a large organisation
• Knowledge and experience of work in the construction and housing sector
• Current driving license
• Able to determine priorities and work with limited supervision
Please note that successful applicants must be able to attend an interview/assessment centre on 9 April 2019 . Interviews will comprise of a competency based interview. Successful candidates may be asked to return for a second interview where they will be asked to complete a 15 minute presentation.
For further information, please contact John Froud, Corporate Health and Safety Manager on 01670 623806 for an informal discussion and for more details about the role, please see the attached job description and person specification.
For further information about working for Northumberland County Council, please click here: http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/working
Northumberland County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sectors of the community. We recognise the difficulties that transgender applicants in particular may face during a recruitment process; any concerns regarding this part of the process can be discussed with Claire Coe (Trans HR Support Officer) firstname.lastname@example.org We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. All applications who wish to work on a part-time basis will be considered in line with the requirements of the post and the needs of the service.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend interview please email email@example.com
This job is closed for applications.