Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 26/02/2019 12:00
MPS/UPS plus TLR 1b
Schools - Teaching
Harton Academy, South Shields
Subject Lead for History
MPS / UPS plus TLR 1b
Required from September, 2019
NOR 1618, Age Range: 11-18
We wish to appoint a Subject Leader for History who is not only an outstanding classroom practitioner, but who is also a dynamic and inspirational leader and manager, capable of maintaining and building on the current successes.
Your knowledge and experience will enable you to teach all aspects of our history curriculum, from key stage 3 through to key stage 5.
Further to this, your experience in teaching History will be backed up with a track record of success, and you will also be able to demonstrate how you have supported others to maximise their achievements. Ideally you will have experience in preparing students for University Entry. You will have the proven capacity to lead and inspire a team of enthusiastic and talented teachers, who are dedicated to securing the highest levels of success for our students.
In return, you can be confident that you are joining a committed, supportive and very successful team. You will be coming to an extremely popular and over-subscribed 11-18 academy with over 1600 students, which …
• was judged “outstanding” in all categories in our Ofsted inspection in January, 2013
• in February 2009 featured in a national publication by Ofsted entitled ‘12 Outstanding Secondary Schools – Excelling Against the Odds’
• achieves excellent examination results in KS4 and KS5
• was designated as a ‘Teaching School’ in September, 2011
• opened a new 6th Form Centre in September 2010, offering an extensive range of level 3 courses, a varied enrichment programme and a challenging academic environment
• prepares all students for the destination of their choice, whether continuing in further and higher education or into the world of work
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share our commitment. Successful applicants are required to obtain an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Application packs are available from the academy’s website – www.harton-tc.co.uk/main-school/information/vacancies/subject-lead-for-history/ – and should be returned by 12 noon on Tuesday 26th February, 2019
Harton Academy is the Employer
This job is closed for applications.