Children’s Centre Manager of Abingdon Primary School and Children’s Centre
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 20/03/2019 12:00
Schools - Support
Abingdon Primary School & Children's Centre
Tel. 01642 210567 • Email email@example.com
Chair of Governors, Alison Kerr • Head Teacher, Adam Cooper
Aspiring to excellence: Our Vision is to create an inclusive community that supports the well-being of every child and their family to enhance enjoyment, raise achievement and aspiration to all, and to ensure that children and families are supported through their learning journey from birth through school life in pursuit of excellence.
Grade and Salary Scale: Grade I - £27,905 (37 hours)
The post is a permanent position to start as soon as possible.
An exciting opportunity to be at the centre of an innovative approach to delivering services for families under 5, as part of Abingdon Primary School and Children’s Centre.
Purpose of the Post:
• The smooth delivery of the day to day running and management of the children’s centre including the core offer. This position is whole time. Holidays cannot always be taken during the school holiday period.
Duties and Responsibilities
To support the 0-5 Children and Families leader so that:
• Staff from different professional backgrounds are able to work collaboratively to improve outcomes for children and families
• There is compliance with relevant legal requirements, statutory frameworks regulations e.g. safeguarding of all children, staff and other service users
• Staff employed in the Children’s Centre share the aspiration to be an outstanding provider of Children’s Services so that all targets are achieved.
To be responsible for:
• The management and personal supervision of children’s centre staff
• Delivery of school readiness
• Supervision of tracking and follow up
• The management and personal supervision of the administrative staff
• The time tabling of children centre activities including midwifery services, baby clinic, adult education, universal sessions and targeted interventions
To ensure that the Children Centre staff work as a team so that:
• A2YO eligible children are tracked
• Children identified by the school readiness interventions are tracked and followed up
• There is active and meaningful participation of parents in the on-going development of Children’s Centre services
You must have a commitment to the highest standards of professionalism and an ability to help us inspire our pupils and families. You must be able to demonstrate confidence, creativity, determination, drive, resilience, reflectivity and great teamwork skills.
Further information about the school can be found on our website.
Abingdon Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to evidence of eligibility to work in the UK, QTS qualification, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), medical clearance and references that recommend the candidate without reservation
Visits to the school are welcome and can be arranged via Debra Baxter, Head Teachers PA (01642 210567). Applications are available on-line, via the school website www.abingdonprimary.org.uk/more/vacancies and should be returned either to the school or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on the closing date.
Interview Date: Monday 25th March 2019
This job is closed for applications.