As and when required
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Fees of up to £34,000 per year dependant on skills, experience and number of children cared for
Hours per week:
As and when required
Social Care - Children Service
Home based with some local travel in the Wearside area
Together for Children (Sunderland City Council) is seeking foster carers from a range of diverse backgrounds, walks of life and with different circumstances that reflect the community of the City of Sunderland and its surrounding areas.
We need foster carers to provide loving homes for the 550+ looked after children and young people who require foster care. These young people are aged 0-17 years and are from the Sunderland area.
The children in particular that we are in need of foster carers to offer placements for are:
• Siblings – we ensure that siblings are not separated.
• Older children/young people (12 years and over).
• Long term foster carers.
• Children with Special Educational and Disabilities (SEND).
The benefits of becoming a Foster Carer with Together for Children are:
• Fees of up to £34,000 per year dependant on skills, experience and number of children cared for.
• An additional allowance to cover the foster child’s expenses.
• 24/7 support from our Fostering and Social Worker team – we have a large social work team and, as a result, there will always be someone who is available out of office hours that can provide support.
• Having a dedicated and experienced fostering social worker.
• Regular support groups, childrens’ groups and events, including our regular coffee mornings and engagement events.
• Working with an organisation that is rated Good by OFSTED.
We also host monthly fostering information evenings where you can meet with a support worker and a foster carer who can answer any questions that you may have, as well as receiving an information pack which contains material such as: FAQs and an expression of interest form. These events are free to attend and there’s no need to book, so feel free to come along! You can find the dates here: https://togetherforchildren.org.uk/events/fostering
We’d love to hear from you, if you meet the following criteria:
• You’re aged over 21.
• Have great communications skills and possess great listening skills too.
• Are patient and resilient.
• Welcome both guidance and support.
• Are flexible.
• Have a sense of humour and are also a warm and nurturing person.
To find out more, you can call: 0191 561 2223, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website: www.togetherforchildren.org.uk/families/foster-care
Don’t forget, we are also on social media where you can read more about our work: www.facebook.com/togetherforchildrensunderland and www.twitter.com/tfcsunderland
We look forward to hearing from you and please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions.
The Together for Children Fostering team