Term-time only (Permanent)
Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 21/03/2019 12:00
Grade 2, £18,065 - £18,426 (pro rata)
Schools - Support
Villa Real School
Required as soon as possible
20 hours per week (additional hours may become available in the future)
Hours: 8.30 – 12.30 - To be discussed at interview
Term Time Only Plus 5 Days
The Governors wish to appoint an ICT Technician with the skills and competencies to provide an efficient and effective ICT Support Service to the School.
Accountable to the Head Teacher and School Business Manager, the successful candidate will have the skills to be able:
• To work independently and show initiative in providing an ICT Support Service covering Hardware, Software and Peripherals. This includes administration of the network, maintenance of related equipment and other learning resources.
• To maintain the school website, database administration and occasional staff training.
• To program the light and sound system for the pool.
• To maintain and assist staff in using the projector and computer system in the Hall.
• To work logically and methodically to set deadlines.
• To maintain accurate manual and electronic records relating to all work carried out and produce relevant documentation where appropriate.
• To safely store and secure all equipment and associated materials.
• To be responsible for managing the class alarms.
• To be responsible for maintaining the whiteboards, printers and photocopiers, and dealing with service contractors where necessary.
• To be responsible for production of the School newsletter.
• To be responsible for updating the school plan.
• To be maintain and set up passwords and email accounts for staff.
• To be trained to undertake the Hydrotherapy Pool backwash as casual cover for the Caretaker.
• To attend training as determined by the Head teacher.
Villa Real is a school for children with severe, profound multiple leaning difficulties, autism and challenging behaviour.
Durham County Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
Essential qualifications: An ICT Qualification and knowledge and skills equivalent to National Qualifications Level 3.
Closing date: 21st March 2019
Interview date: 1st April 2019
Application forms can be download and should be returned to the school.
Villa Real School
Villa Real Road
Telephone: 01207 503651
This job is closed for applications.