Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 18/03/2019 12:00
Social Care - Children Service
Foxden Short Break Care, South Shields
(FOXDEN – SHORT BREAK RESIDENTIAL CARE, SOUTH SHIELDS)
Would you relish the opportunity to help manage a young people’s short break home for 7 to 18 year olds with additional needs and lead the development of innovative, outcome-focused approaches to young people’s residential respite care?
These are exciting times to work in Children and Young Peoples Residential Care with South Tyneside Council. The service is enjoying a considerable financial investment and improving outcomes for young people is a corporate priority. We are seeking a committed, experienced and pro-active Deputy Manager to help us achieve our ambitions for young people.
As the Deputy Manager for the Children’s Home you will support the Registered Manager in ensuring the residential workers are actively taking responsibility for the delivery of high quality care including working directly with children and their families. Support the Registered Manager to undertake audits and quality assurance checks. Provide supervision and support to the team. Provide care and support to young people (including personal care) and oversee the provision of care provided by the wider team in conjunction with the Registered Manager.
You will deputise for the Registered Manager in their absence.
• You will have significant experience of delivering a wide range of interventions with children and young people.
• You have a proven ability to place the child / young person and family at the centre of all practice and decision making.
• You will have significant experience of child protection and working within policies and procedures.
• You have a proven ability to establish working relationships with children, families and partner agencies.
• You will have significant experience of working as a part of a team in a management role.
• You will have a level 3 Children and Young People qualification.
• You will have a qualification in management or be working towards one.
South Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant pre-employment checks.
To find out more about this role and to apply please visit www.southtyneside.gov.uk alternatively you can email email@example.com or call (0191) 455 4968.
Closing date: Noon, Monday 18 March 2019
Interview date: Monday 1 April 2019
This job is closed for applications.