Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 26/03/2019 12:00
£17,681 - £18,672
Environmental Services / Waste / Recycling/ Parks
Cowley Road Depot, Blyth
Neighbourhood Services consists of a large team of operational front-line staff to deliver the operational functions including refuse collection, recycling and garden waste services, street cleansing, grounds maintenance, burials and public conveniences to the required standards within defined geographical area.
- To Provide an efficient and effective street cleansing, public convenience and grounds-maintenance service to pre-determined standards and in accordance with predetermined schedules
- Liaise with service users and members of the public in a courteous and respectful manner, have the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.’
- Ensure the team completes work within the time, quality and specified service standards.
- Input into risk assessments and method statements to ensure work is performed in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ensure that machinery, equipment and tools that are used are operated in accordance with manufacturers guidelines and any faults are reported
- Work collaboratively with the team and colleagues to ensure that work plans are achieved and quality standards are maintained.
- Respond to and deal with simple problems referring more complex issues to immediate supervisor (NEAT Team Leader or Senior NEAT Team Leader).
- Staff will be expected to work across the frontline services in a broad area.
- These duties and responsibilities are indicative and may vary over time. Post holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and extent of the post and the grade has been established on this basis.
We are offering:
- A starting salary of £ 17,681
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (or other pension scheme)
- A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision
- Able to understand and follow straightforward spoken and written instructions.
- Able to keep basic work records.
- Strength, dexterity and co-ordination to deal with plant and operate equipment.
- Dexterity and coordination to use hand or power tools.
- Able to cope with the regular high level of physical demand, to maintain general awareness for safe working conditions with some periods of concentration, ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions, must be reliable and keeps good time. - Applicant must hold a full UK Driving Licence.
For further information, please email email@example.com for an informal discussion.
Northumberland County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sectors of the community. We recognise the difficulties that transgender applicants in particular may face during a recruitment process; any concerns regarding the process can be discussed with Claire Coe (Trans HR Support Officer) on 07775026871 or firstname.lastname@example.org . We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. All applications to work on a part-time will be considered in line with the requirements of the post and the needs of the service.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend interview please email email@example.com.
This job is closed for applications.