Teacher of Science - Unity City Academy (AET)
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 11/05/2019 12:00
£23,720 - 39,406 per year
Schools - Teaching
Unity City Academy
Teacher of Science
£23,720 - 39,406 per year
Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire, England
Unity City Academy is an 11-16 Academy and proud to be part of the Academies Enterprise Trust family of schools. We are within easy access from Middlesbrough and the Tees Valley and close to the A19 motorway.
We take from a very diverse catchment area which means that our students are at the heart of everything we do, and we challenge and support them to achieve their full potential. You will find our students to be engaging, proud to live in and give back to their community and are ready to learn - all we need is you! We are seeking to appoint a Teacher of Science who is:
* An outstanding practitioner, or who wishes to develop outstanding practice
* Has a love of learning and high expectations of student's achievement and behaviour
* Has excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
* Is a strong team player who will work in partnership with staff, governors, parents and the wider community
In return, we offer:
* Fantastic CPD, there is a wide range of personalised opportunities to develop your practice and further develop your career. As a team we support and challenge each other through meetings, peer observation, mentoring and team planning.
* Opportunities to join a career development programme in line with your professional development.
*As a team we pride ourselves on our team spirit, we regularly share good practice and collaboratively plan lessons.
* Support to NQT in all area, with a bespoke CPD tailored to you. As the sponsor, AET believes that each and every child is inspired to choose a remarkable life.
Our mission is to gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives. Our values are:
* Be unusually brave * Discover what's possible * Push the limits * Be big hearted
So how will AET look after you? We offer...
* A community of well supported teachers who are committed to driving high standards,
* A bespoke Professional Development package which allows opportunities to continue with your own education and development,
* Excellent career prospects across the network, with a culture of looking to promote from within
* Access to CPD to enable you to grow and development in your role
* Something we take very seriously is staff WELLBEING. That's why we have partnered up with BHSF to provide support and employee benefits, such as a health cash plan scheme to support healthcare, discounted gym membership and a employee assistance programme
* The opportunity to use Google Suite, which allows you to do your best work, all in one suite
* Free car Parking
Closing date: 25 March 2019
This position is required for a September 2019 start Interviews are scheduled to take place week commencing the 1 April 2019.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application. In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's.
Find your remarkable, apply today: https://bit.ly/2CiBQuu
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts.
This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty. Follow us on Facebook , Twitter and Linkedin . Further details can be found on our careers page .
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty
This job is closed for applications.