DBS098/19 Deputy Headteacher - Coquet Park First School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 23/04/2019 15:30
£44,106 - £48,687pa
Schools - Teaching
Coquet Park First School, The Links, Whitley Bay, NE26 1TQ
Required from 1st September 2019. The Governing Body of Coquet Park First School is looking to appoint an inspirational and enthusiastic Deputy Head teacher for their welcoming school.
Coquet Park is a family orientated, one form entry first school and in a beautiful coastal location. We have a proud legacy of developing the whole child through high quality experiences. Our children are happy and enthusiastic and our staff and governors take pride in their school and its role in the community.
This is an opportunity for an outstanding candidate to work closely with the Head Teacher, dedicated staff and governors to lead the school into the next phase of its development.
The successful candidate will be:
• An outstanding classroom practitioner with wide experience covering different Key Stages
• An excellent communicator
• Able to effectively manage change
• Passionate about teaching and learning
• Enthusiastic about parental and wider community links and able to build positive relationships with pupils, staff and parents.
• Has experience in effectively developing the curriculum, in particular the use of data to support improved teaching and learning in the raising of standards
• Able to take leading management responsibilities
• Knowledgeable about child protection issues and understand the processes
• Approachable, professional and have the ability to motivate a team to achieve outstanding outcomes
• Resilient, hardworking, approachable and demonstrate a professional attitude at all times
•enthusiastic, happy and confident children with high standards of achievement and behaviour
•a friendly and successful school, which is an exciting and stimulating place to work
•a strong and dynamic staff team with a supportive and experienced governing body, highly motivated pupils, parents and staff
•an excellent learning environment in a modern well resourced building
•a collaborative network of local schools and a well established school community.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 23 April 2019
Short listing with take place on Thursday 25 April 2019
Interviews will be held on 16 May 2019
A job description and person specification are available to download or by emailing the School Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to be addressed to the Head Teacher, Mrs Colleen Ward, Coquet Park First School, The Links, Whitley Bay, NE26 1TQ. Completed applications can be emailed but a paper copy must also be sent to school.
Visits to the school by interested applicants will be warmly welcomed and appointments should be made directly with the school office. Please contact school (0191) 2008708 to make an appointment.
Coquet park First School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant employment checks deemed appropriate.
This job is closed for applications.