Senior Accountant - Schools
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 29/03/2019 23:59
£29,000 - £44,000
Finance / Benefits / Revenues / Procurement
North East Lincolnshire
ENGIE are recruiting for a Senior Accountant to be based at North Tyneside Council Offices, Quadrant, Silverlink North, Cobalt Business Park, North Tyneside, NE27 0BY.
This is a permanent, full time role working 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm and on offer will be a salary of £29,000 to £44,000, depending on skills and experience. This role will be supporting both North Tyneside Council and schools within the borough of North Tyneside and will report into the Principal Accountant.
The main duties and responsibilities are:
• To provide a comprehensive, high quality financial management and accountancy service across the Council and it’s maintained schools covering revenue, capital and balance sheet transactions in accordance with accounting standards and legislation, and appropriate Council plans and policies.
• To assist the finance service management team in the planning and development of accounting and financial services and systems within their span of control and influence.
• To monitor and maintain these services and systems.
• To assist in the provision of financial advice and guidance for financial planning.
• To provide advice and guidance on financial management and accounting issues to Headteachers, Heads of Service, Managers and Budget Holders.
• To assist the finance service management team in managing finance team staff and associated resources.
Qualifications and experience required:
• Qualified ACA/CIMA/ACCA/CIPFA (or part qualified with very extensive experience of working within this area)
• An experienced Finance professional used to operating in a complex environment
• Experience of preparing and submitting management reporting for complex services.
• Strong customer focused approach
• Experience of operating in large-scale complex organisation with diverse stakeholder communities
• Experience of continuous improvement processes.
• Demonstrates understanding in relation to relevant local government legislation and governance, including schools
• Proven ability to perform consistently to tight timescales and with a high degree of visibility
• Proven track record of developing and maintaining strong relationships at all levels.
• Understanding of public sector finance is essential
• Experience of delivering professional services in the local government sector, ideally in a school setting, is desirable
For more information about ENGIE please visit:
ENGIE is a leading service business in the UK across public, private and healthcare sectors. We have always been committed to one mission: to develop innovative solutions that improve the efficiency of cities, buildings, industry and infrastructure across the UK.
Do you think that you have the energy to succeed at ENGIE?
Joining ENGIE could be the start of a rewarding journey with Europe's largest FM & Energy Services business & a Global leader in Energy. Whether your background is Technical, FM, Energy or in a business support function, we believe that each and every member of our team plays a key role in the future of our company. If you are a motivated, customer focused individual and want to take your career to the next level then we want to hear from you.
This job is closed for applications.