Supported Lodgings carers
Please See Advert Text
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 31/12/2019 23:59
Social Care - Children Service
across the county, as part of our Supported Lodgings scheme.
Durham County Council is recruiting people who can offer accommodation and support to 16-25 years old from across the county, as part of our Supported Lodgings scheme.
The young people may be leaving the care system, be vulnerable, or may have found themselves homeless for a variety of reasons and we need people to offer them a safe, supportive and friendly home environment, while supporting them to develop the skills to become independent.
Placements may be short term or for up to two years. The main aim is to help young people develop the skills they need to live independently.
Supported Lodgings carers come from all walks of life and do not require specific qualifications, it is about having the right qualities to work with young people and adults.
We offer a weekly payment as well as a high-quality training and support package.
You can become a supported lodgings carer if you:
• are aged over 21 and live within County Durham
• have experience with children and young people (this could be your own children)
• are patient, understanding, tolerant and resilient
• have the time, energy and space in your home (including a spare bedroom) to support young people
• would like to use your skills in a new way and develop further skills
• can provide a safe & secure environment in your home
Contact us for further information. No need to fill in an application at this stage, simply call us on 03000 262 271 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about supported lodgings visit
This job is closed for applications.