Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£26,999 - £30,507pa or £31,371 - £34,788pa + £2000 market Supplement payable up to 31/3/2021
Social Care - Children Service
Any location in North Tyneside
ISN’T IT TIME YOU WORKED FOR A ‘GOOD’ EMPLOYER?
North Tyneside Children’s Social Care has been graded Good with Outstanding features by Ofsted. As a consequence, it is one of only fifteen Authorities within the country to be a Department for Education Partner in Practice, tasked with supporting others through sector-led improvement. It has nationally recognised strengths in many areas, not least its use of Signs of Safety informed practice. It is a good authority and also a great place to practice.
So what is different about working for a good authority?
The first difference you will notice in North Tyneside is that we have no Agency staff – all our staff are permanent. We know that the main reason for this is the small size of our teams – we have teams of five or six Social Workers. This means that you will be well supported, with regular Supervision by a knowledgeable Team Manager who knows you and your cases well. Another difference you will notice is the opportunities that you will have to develop to the best of your professional potential including funding to access post-qualifying training, including Practice Educators. Another difference in North Tyneside is we are co-located, with all our main Children’s Social Care Services based alongside each other and our nine Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub partners in a modern office building with catering. You will also notice that our ICT is there to support you to do your job well – we are proud to be in a development partnership with Liquidlogic and every Social Worker is provided with a 2-in-1 Laptop and Smart Phone. Finally, in everything that we do – from Early Help to Leaving Care – we work using the Signs of Safety model of practice. We mean it. We have adopted the approach across all our work, including assessment, planning and review. You will be supported to apply the model effectively and to a high standard. Our children and families deserve no less.
So what is stopping you applying?
We currently have vacancies in our:
Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub
Be one of four specialist Qualified Social Workers within our genuinely Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub. Work effectively with co-located partners from Health, Education, Police, Probation, Harbour, Housing, Youth Justice, Probation, Early Help and Social Care to collate information to come to robust, defensible and safe recommendations about next steps to help and support children and young people. For an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Carrie Barron, Team Manager, on 0191 643 7366.
Social Work Assessment Teams
Work within the high-performing Front Door Service within a small team of five Social Workers undertaking timely, strengths-based assessments. Benefit from co-location with our Multi-partner MASH and longer-term Safe and Supported Social Work Teams. For an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Dawn Hodgson, Team Manager, on 0191 643 7992.
Safe and Supported Teams
Work for one of seven co-located teams working Child in Need, Child Protection, Children in Care and permanency cases. Apply Signs of Safety in all that you do and be supported to develop the model in your practice. For an informal discussion this opportunity, please contact Victoria McLeod, Senior Manager, on 0191 634 5914.
We also offer competitive employee benefits including:
• Cycle to work scheme
• Local Government Pension Scheme
• Sick pay - Up to six months’ sick pay on full salary subject to service
• Up to 28 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays (Employees can request to purchase additional annual leave via a salary sacrifice scheme)
• Flexible Working Scheme
• On-going and developing programme of Health and Wellbeing initiatives (eg. work-based yoga and pilates classes, healthy eating options)
• Discounted membership of fitness and wellbeing centres (a saving of £117.00 per year) including 5 gyms; 4 pools; 2 spas and over 250 classes every week
• Maternity/Adoption leave – Up to 52 weeks’ leave of absence, with pay for a specified period dependent upon length of service and personal choice.
• Maternity support/adoption leave – Up to 5 days’ paid leave as a partner/carer at the time of the birth or adoption
• Paternity leave – Up to two consecutive weeks leave after the birth of the child
• The ‘Benefits Plus’ Scheme enabling salary sacrifice for Car Leasing; Additional Holidays, personal Training and Development, public transport season tickets
• Credit Union Savings Scheme
Please be advised that these positions require an enhanced check from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
North Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Within North Tyneside, safeguarding is everybody’s business.
You will be appointed to grade 8 or 9 depending on your qualifications and experience.