Learning & Student Support Assistant
Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 13/09/2019 23:59
£21166 - £23836 Pro rata
Schools - Support
Required for October 2019.
Permanent / Full time / Term time only
Are you positive and aspirational? Looking for an exciting challenge? Ready to make a real difference to the lives of challenging 11-16-year-old students?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the right individual to fulfil a key student support role in the school. As well as supporting students in lessons, you will also support the extended evening activities for two evenings per week.
Windlestone School is a secondary special school for 80 students all with an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) for the Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) area of need.
Windlestone School is a well-established and well-regarded school that has ambitions to develop outstanding practice in all areas of the provision.
• Keen to offer support to challenging students in an SEMH secondary special school setting?
• Able to develop positive relationships with students and support their emotional wellbeing?
• Ambitious to make a difference in the lives of the young people we serve?
• A contributor with a ‘can do, will do’ attitude?
Why should you come to Windlestone School?
• Well-resourced modern school
• Scope to innovate
• Opportunities to take initiative
• Focus on raising standards for all, with a commitment to achieving outstanding outcomes
• A supportive and dedicated community of staff and governors
• Opportunities for professional development
The person we are seeking will have:
• A commitment to raising aspiration and achievement of SEMH students.
• Excellent working relationships with students and staff
• Drive, enthusiasm, resilience, compassion and warmth
• Confidence in being able to support across the KS3 & KS4 curriculum
• An ability to ‘connect’ with challenging students and form positive relationships
Please apply for this position by completing an application form and a letter outlining your experience and suitability for the post. Application forms are available from and returnable to the school.
Closing date: 13th September 2019
Interviews to be held week Commencing 23rd September 2019 (subject to change)
We would sincerely welcome you for a visit to the school or for an informal discussion.
Please note this post is not open to job share.
Tel: 01388 720337
This job is closed for applications.