School Business Manager, Level 3
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 12/09/2019 22:59
N10: £41,675 - £45,591 per annum, pro rata. (Actual: £35,471 - £38,805 per annum).
Hours per week:
37 hours per week.
Schools - Support
Byker Primary School, Commercial Road, Byker, Newcastle upon Tyne NE6 2AT.
Byker Primary School
Newcastle upon Tyne
37 hours per week
Term time only - 38 weeks worked
Plus 5 additional days as directed by the school.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our popular and successful school as a School Business Manager from October 2019.
Our school was judged as Outstanding at the last Ofsted inspection in 2017 but our governors and staff recognize the need to continue to ensure our pupils are well prepared for the next stage of their lives. We are looking for someone who can provide professional leadership of the school’s business support service and contribute as a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
We are looking for a School Business Manager who:
• Can contribute at a strategic and operational level
• Has experience of managing a business support service
• Holds a business management qualification
• Has professional knowledge of one or more of the following business disciplines: finance, procurement, premises management, health and safety, human resources, marketing, infrastructure and governance
• Ideally has worked as a School Business Manager and holds a SBM qualification
• Is able to manage a team effectively.
In return we can offer you:
• An inclusive school with happy, well behaved children who enjoy learning
• The support of our dedicated strong team of staff and governors
• The opportunity to develop our commitment to distributed leadership and management
• Established positive relationships with parents and the local community.
Interested in applying? All forms and associated documents can be found on: www.northeastjobs.org.uk/job/school_business_manager/189846
A completed application form and safe recruitment form must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or returned by post to: John Newton, at the above address.
Closing Date: Thursday 12 September 2019.
Shortlisting: Thursday 26 September 2019
Selection process/interview: Thursday 3 October 2019.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointment of the successful candidate will depend upon a satisfactory enhanced criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service and other recruitment and vetting checks.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
This job is closed for applications.