Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 20/09/2019 12:00
£23,720 - £35,008
Schools - Teaching
Villa Real School
Required for January 2020
Full time / Permanent
Villa Real School is an all age Special School with pupils with SLD, PMLD and ASC.
The governors are seeking to employ an experienced, dynamic and enthusiastic teacher who has knowledge of students with a high level of need.
Teaching commitment to be negotiated upon interview.
The role includes:
• Support and implement the vision and ethos of the school.
• Play a major role in ensuring high quality education for all pupils and improvement in standard of learning and achievement.
• Take responsibility for coordinating a subject across the school.
• Take responsibility for a small class of students with severe Autism or Conductive Education, supported by a highly skilled team of staff.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding practitioner who has:
• Excellent communication skills.
• A clear vision of special education and a strong desire to work in this field with a particular interest in Autism, complex physical needs.
• An understanding of the needs of young children with high physical, medical and sensory needs including learning and behavioural difficulties.
• Experience and understanding of secondary Science curriculum desirable.
• A positive approach to the management of behaviour.
• High yet realistic expectations of pupil and a commitment to meeting individual needs.
• A personable nature and the ability to work well as part of the staff team
• A desire to be involved in the full life of the school.
In house training in the communication systems and behaviour management techniques used in school will be provided.
Application form and further details are available by email and returnable to the Head Teacher.
For an informal discussion about the post contact email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 12pm on 20th September 2019. Shortlisted candidates will be informed by 27th September 2019 and are encouraged to visit the school. Interviews to be held w/c 7th October 2019.
Durham County Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applicants from all sections of the community. Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
Please note this post is not open to job share.
Villa Real School
Villa Real Road,
Tel: 01207 503651
This job is closed for applications.