Volunteer Mentor Co-ordinator
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 04/09/2019 23:59
£24,174 p/a pro rata + pension & other benefits
At Depaul UK we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Volunteer Mentor Co-ordinator to come and join our team in the North East. You will join us on a part time basis and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £24,174 p/a pro rata + pension & other benefits.
Depaul UK delivers a wide range of support and housing services for young people and adults at risk of homelessness. We specialise in the provision of services that: prevent homelessness, increase the resilience of those we work with and energise opportunities for employment, education, training and volunteering in the communities we work within.
In return as our Volunteer Mentor Co-ordinator, we can offer you:
• A friendly, flexible and values-led organisation
• Competitive salary
• 34 days of annual holiday, including bank holidays
• Contributory pension scheme
• Life assurance
The Volunteer Mentor Co-ordinator role:
In this exciting role as Volunteer Mentor Coordinator you’ll play a key role in supporting Depaul’s volunteering in the North-East region.
Supported by the direction and guidance of the Volunteering Manager, you’ll ensure Depaul’s services in the region have significant volunteer input. This will involve community volunteers and corporate partnership volunteering. You’ll co-ordinate the recruitment and retention plans of volunteers across all Depaul projects in the region as well as co-ordinate the mentoring project, reporting against targets agreed with funders and partners.
In addition, you’ll act as a key point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on all aspects of volunteering at Depaul and be responsible for raising Depaul’s volunteering profile across local communities and online platforms.
What makes this role exciting?
• You’ll be provided a full induction and ongoing training opportunities to enhance the skills required.
• You’ll work closely with your line manager who will help you deliver your personal and corporate objectives.
• You’ll be provided with suitable development opportunities to help you understand our heritage as a Vincentian organisation.
• You’ll be delivering a vital contribution to the great work Depaul does in supporting vulnerable Young people.
What will ideally support your success in the Volunteer Mentor Co-ordinator role?
• Significant experience managing volunteering and/or mentoring activity
• Demonstrable management of social media platforms and using online tools for recruitment, promotion of activities and celebrating successes
• Knowledge of Health and Safety and anti-discriminatory working practice
• Excellent experience of practically implementing new ideas to solve problems and independent working
• Experience volunteering
Closing date – 4th September at 12:00pm
So, if this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Volunteer Mentor Co-ordinator then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this post. Our recruitment checks, induction and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients. Depaul UK strives to be equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies.
This job is closed for applications.