Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 12/09/2019 23:59
£18,795 - £19,945
Schools - Support
Bluebell Meadow Primary School
Required for the 19th September 2019 or as soon as possible.
Permanent / 37 hours per week / Split shifts 6am to 10am, 2.30pm to 6pm daily, 5.30pm finish Friday
We are looking for someone with a passion and commitment to join our school as Site Manager.
The successful candidate will be hard working, reliable, well-organised, pro-active, have good communication skills, a friendly approach and be able to work flexibly, methodically and with enthusiasm, meeting the needs of their role within our school.
• To carry out the general functions as specified in the Site Manager job description and also any other duties commensurate to the post.
• To work alongside the cleaning staff to ensure that the school premises are cleaned in accordance with the cleaning specification. Monitor the quality of work carried out by the cleaners, and report to the Office Manager and/or Headteacher any problems relating to the cleanliness of those areas which are their responsibility.
• To advise the Office Manager and/or Headteacher as need arises for repairs and maintenance to the premises and furnishings, to ensure safe conditions at all times.
• To ensure the general security and safety of the school’s premises and grounds.
• To carry out first line repairs and maintenance, some of which may involve the use of ladders to gain access to any areas outside including flat roofs, ceilings and other areas inside the building.
• Specific duties including a responsibility for the following aspects in school: cleaning, heating, electrical, health and safety, general maintenance, outside duties, porterage in and around school, supervisory duties and general administration for the role.
The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of the person specification, in order to be offered the post and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. Bluebell Meadow Primary School is committed to the safety and protection of its children.
Durham County Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applicants from all sections of the community. Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met.
Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
THE POST IS OPEN TO JOB SHARE
Closing date: 12th September 2019
Interview date: 18th September 2019
Application forms are available from and returnable to the school.
Bluebell Meadow Primary School
Tel: 01429 880349
This job is closed for applications.