DBS287/19 Headteacher - Backworth Park Primary School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 20/09/2019 12:00
£56,712 - £65,705 pa
Schools - Teaching
Backworth Park Primary School, Hotspur North, Backworth
Backworth Park Primary School
Required for January 2020
ISR L15 - L21
£56,712 - £65,705
The Governors are seeking to appoint an outstanding leader for this vibrant new build primary school in a new setting. The successful applicant will be expected to continue the good progress the school has made in the last two years.
The progress the school has made and the re-location to a new site has been under the leadership and guidance of an Executive Head Teacher from a local school.
We are looking for a skilled and special individual who can continue to build on the work that has already supported the incredible transformation so far undertaken in our school.
Our new head will be:
• An outstanding primary practitioner with a track record of professional and inspirational leadership and management, leading to high quality education by effectively managing teaching and learning.
• Able to build on the vision, leadership and direction for the further development of the school.
• Accountable for their own actions and the actions of their staff.
• Able to work on their own initiative whilst balancing the needs of building a consistent staff team.
• Skilled in monitoring and evaluating standards of attainment, learning and teaching and able to create clear and imaginative action plans to ensure that all children reach their highest potential.
• Able to lead a culture that promotes excellence, equality and high expectations of all staff and pupils.
• An effective communicator with staff, parents/carers, governors and the wider community.
We can offer you:
• Enthusiastic and eager pupils
• A staff team who are forward looking and keen to develop the best opportunities for children
• Committed parents and good links with the local community
• A supportive environment for a leader with passion and drive to steer the school towards outstanding teaching and learning
• A strong and supportive Governing Body
• Strong partnerships with local schools
We are looking for an individual who is able to demonstrate impact on school improvement and is successful and ambitious. It is important that the vision and enthusiasm that has been created and recently developed within our culture continues to be built upon and embedded further.
Applications would be welcomed from current Headteachers or leaders who are seeking an opportunity for career progression.
Visits are warmly welcomed and are scheduled for Wednesday 11th September 2019, at 10am. Please contact office manager Mrs Karen Reed on 0191 643 4340 to confirm your visit time.
Backworth Park Governors are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. As such an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant employment checks deemed appropriate.
To request an application pack please email Mrs Read - email@example.com or alternatively call in to the school office.
Closing date: Noon on 20th September 2019
Shortlisting: 25th September 2019
Interview dates: 1st and 2nd October 2019 at Backworth Park Primary School.
This job is closed for applications.