Team Manager - Childrens Services
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 20/09/2019 12:00
£45,591 - £47, 545 per annum
Social Care - Children Service
Seafield House, Kirkleatham Street, Redcar
This is Redcar and Cleveland. We are an ambitious council keen to build on our strong track record of innovation and partnership working, ensuring that we create a flourishing future for the borough and all of its residents. Key to this is a committed workforce who always gives their best. Offering a fast paced, progressive working environment, Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council is a great career move.
We have many reasons to be proud of our existing services for children, young people and their families in Redcar and Cleveland.
We have a passionate workforce who are committed to supporting children and young people to feel safe, healthy, happy and ready to learn and achieve. We respect everyone as equally valued members of our community by listening to their views and using their opinions to help shape our services.
Are you the right person to help us to develop a brighter future for our children?
If you share the ethos of Redcar and Cleveland’s Children and Families Directorate, this could be the opportunity you are looking for.
Here in Redcar and Cleveland we are committed to providing the highest quality service to improve outcomes for the children and families in our borough. Our dedicated teams ensure that the child’s voice remains central and interventions are evidence based with a clear focus on safely managing risk.
We are seeking a team manager to:
• Line manage a team of social workers, supervising practice and have responsibility for decision making.
• You will have an established track record in safeguarding and multi-agency working.
• You will be able to create an environment which enables excellent practice by setting high standards and motivating others to do the same.
• Motivate and support social workers to be ambitious on behalf of children and families.
• Facilitate constant reflective thinking about the welfare of families and the safety of children.
• Lead by example, showing integrity, creativity, resilience and clarity of purpose.
• Develop and maintains positive relationships, and be visible and accessible to the team, to children, young people and families, and to other professionals.
In Redcar and Cleveland you will benefit from:
• A senior leadership team that listens and cares about you and your work.
• A quality framework which supports practice improvement.
• Professional development pathways for every stage of your career.
• A culture of high expectations, high challenge and high support.
• A culture which celebrates social work.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Jayne Bulmer, Service Manager Tel: 01642 771230 or e-mail: email@example.com
Required qualifications: Degree in social work or equivalent social work qualification & current HCPC Registration.
The authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced disclosure & barring service check (DBS) will be sought.
Closing date 20.09.2019
It is anticipated that interviews will be held week beginning 30th September 2019
The council is an accredited Investors in People employer at gold level and holds ambassador status for the North East Better Health at Work Award.
We offer very attractive terms and conditions of employment, including generous annual leave entitlement, flexible working hours (where appropriate), membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme and access to numerous other salary sacrifice schemes and staff benefits/discounts, including a lease car scheme.
This job is closed for applications.