Level 3 Learning Assistant
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£19,171 - £19,554 per annum (pro rata £13,028 - £13,288)
Schools - Support
Wilton Primary Academy is a thriving learning community of 70 pupils aged 3-11 years. We are seeking to appoint a pro-active, enthusiastic, energetic and reliable Level 3 Learning Assistant to support learning in Key Stage 2. The position is temporary to cover a maternity leave from November 2019 until July 2020, working 30 hours per week term time only.
As a Level 3 Learning Assistant, you will work alongside our teachers, helping pupils to get the most out of their learning. The main feature of your role will be to support individuals or groups of pupils with their learning both in, and outside the classroom. In addition, you will be integral to the classroom team, supporting teachers in organising the learning environment. Daily tasks may include:
• setting up equipment and getting things ready for lessons.
• providing support for pupils in lessons to access learning tasks.
• supporting and delivering learning tasks and interventions under the direction of the teacher.
• undertaking observations of children, recording the outcomes of assessment and providing feedback to the teacher.
• undertaking duties on a break and lunch time to encourage social skills and pastoral support.
• assisting with academy activities, such as trips and visits, academy events and contributing to the wider life of the academy.
As a Level 3 Learning Assistant, you may also be required to supervise a class of children in the event of a teacher’s absence.
We are looking for people who have a genuine interest in working with children: are interested in their development and learning and have good organisational and communication skills. We ask that all staff working with our children hold qualifications in English and mathematics that are at least equivalent to GCSE grade ‘C’. Qualification as a teaching assistant is desirable, though not essential.
Tees Valley Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Visits to the academy can be arranged by appointment with the academy office, 01642 453374 on the following date and times:
Tuesday 17th September 3:30 pm
Friday 20th September 3.30 pm
Application packs can be downloaded or printed directly from the Trust website www.teesvalleyeducation.co.uk or requested from the academy. Only applications on Trust’s official application form will be accepted.
The closing date is Wednesday 25th September at 12.00pm