Social Workers / Senior Social Workers, Families First Service
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 18/09/2019 23:59
£27,905 - £31,371 (pre-progression) / £32,878 - £36,876 (post-progression, plus £2,500 lump sum recruitment and retention allowance (reviewed annually).
Social Care - Children Service
An approved location within County Durham. However, you may be required to work at any locatlity as per service need.
Children and Young Peoples Services, Families First Service
Vacancy Reference No: CYPS/19/128F
Social Workers / Senior Social Workers
We are recruiting Social Workers / Senior Social Workers in our Families First Service where you will work with our most vulnerable children, young people and families. Your expertise will support families, help keep children safe and enable them both to thrive. There are posts available in teams across County Durham, but you may be required to work at any locality to meet service need changes.
Please note you must have completed your ASYE year and have 1 years post qualifying experience in Social Work.
You will be joining us as we embed Signs of Safety as our model of practice, and after our implementation of LiquidLogic as our case recording system.
Our Families First teams are statutory teams responsible for children and young people from the point of referral to the point of permanence. In these teams you will complete single assessments, work with children on a Child in Need basis, undertake Child Protection Work and enquiries under Section 47, as well as Public and Private Law.
The following principles will guide your work:
• Ensuring the child is central to your work (see the attached document for more about what our children and young people want).
• Providing help at the earliest opportunity.
• Supporting and promoting community resilience through the provision of locally delivered services in local communities which make sense to families.
• Delivering evidence-based interventions with a focus on safe escalation and de-escalation of cases.
In Durham you will benefit from:
• A senior leadership team that listens and cares about you and your work.
• Excellent opportunities for career progression, whether you are a newly qualified social worker completing your assessed and supported year in employment with the support of our Social Work Academy, or a more experienced social worker/senior social worker looking to broaden your experience or step into management.
• A clear professional development offer, supported by a commitment to offering you 5 days a year to spend in continuous professional development (CPD), and opportunities to access specialist training.
• A culture of high expectations, high challenge and high support.
• A culture which takes pride in, and actively celebrates social work.
You can read more about these, and other benefits of working in Durham in the attached document.
• Social Worker £27,905 - £31,371
• Senior Social Worker £32,878 - £36,876 plus £2,500 lump sum recruitment and retention allowance (reviewed annually).
Please note that the £2,500 lump sum recruitment and retention allowance (reviewed annually) is payable only to Senior Social Workers.
The available posts are full-time with one post part-time 18.5 hours.
Removal, lodging and separation expenses may be available to the successful candidate if at the time of application for appointment their place of residence is outside the administrative area of County Durham and in excess of 30 miles in a straight line from the their new administrative centre, along with a number of other criteria for eligibility.
For an informal discussion about the posts please contact: Lisa Gallagher-Dent on 03000 265951 or email Lisa.Gallagher-Dent@durham.gov.uk
Required qualifications: Degree in social work or equivalent social work qualification, e.g. Post Graduate Diploma in Social Work (PDDipSW) Certificate of Qualification in Social Work (CQSW), Diploma in Social Work (DipSW), Certificate in Social Services (CSS) & current HCPC Registration.
The successful applicants for these posts will be required to apply for a Disclosure & Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure.
It is anticipated that interviews will take place on 25th September 2019.
Apply on-line or for further assistance contact the HR Operations & Data Team on Telephone: 03000 267247 (24hr answerphone). Email: hrCYPS@durham.gov.uk
In line with the County Council’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CV’s. Any information provided on CV’s will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’ as you will not be notified by any other means.
This job is closed for applications.