Apprentice Finance Support Assistant
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£8,392 - £15,839 Annually
Hours per week:
37 hours per week
Xentrall is a ground breaking public sector partnership between Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council and Darlington Borough Council. It was set up to deliver key back office transactional services. Xentrall works jointly with both Stockton and Darlington Councils supporting them in the delivery of their services. The services currently being delivered by the partnership are ICT, Design and Print, Xentrall HR and Xentrall Finance. Xentrall also supplies services to other organisations, including Academy Schools. We pride ourselves on delivering high quality customer focussed services and provide a great environment to work in.
At SBC and Xentrall Shared Services we truly value our Apprentices. We recognise that Apprenticeships help us identify new talent, build new skills in our workforce and increase diversity in the workplace. Apprenticeships help us to develop our future skills, to enable us to deliver our ambitious plans whilst also assisting in shaping the apprentice’s future. Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, there may be the opportunity to secure a position within the Council for the right candidate to grow within the organisation.
We are seeking a proactive individual to join our busy finance team within Xentrall Shared Services, undertaking a Level 2 Customer Service Qualification. Please note you must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject.
Your main duties will be focused around assisting in:
• The delivery of a high quality first line helpdesk and customer support service for enquiries relating to financial activities and financial systems.
• The provision of administrative support to the Xentrall Finance teams.
• Maintaining the Finance System to ensure that financial transactions are accurate, timely and compliant with good practice and that the experience for customers and suppliers dealing with us is friendly and positive.
All candidates are required to meet the essential requirements set out below. Please evidence in your application how you meet the following requirements:
• Functional skills English & Maths Level 2 / GCSE Grade C (level 4) or above
• Excellent ICT Skills – Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
• Ability to deliver excellent customer service
• Experience working as part of a team (this could be in a sporting, educational, work or social setting) as well as demonstrating use of own initiative
• Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Numerical ability and attention to detail
• Commitment to own personal development
As well as giving you the opportunity to support and develop the finance system to meet future needs we offer a friendly, flexible, professional and modern working environment where individual effort and teamwork are recognised and appreciated both by colleagues and customers alike. This post offers the opportunity to work flexi-time however some occasional out of normal business hours working will be required. You will be given appropriate paid time off work, to attend College and work towards completion of your apprenticeship qualification.
An online application form and further information is available from www.stockton.gov.uk/jobs.
Please ensure you refer to the Job Description and the essential and desirable criteria in the Person Specification when completing the Personal Statement on the application form, as this information is used to select candidates for interview.
The application form is available in alternative formats from Xentrall Recruitment Services, tel: 01642 526992 or email email@example.com
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council ensures that all customers, both internal and external receive a consistently high quality level of service