Teacher of Religious Education
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 26/09/2019 12:00
MPS/UPS: £23,720 - £39,406 per annum, pro rata. (Actual salary £14,229 - £23,639 per annum).
Hours per week:
19.46 hours per week.
Schools - Teaching
Gosforth Academy, Knightsbridge, Great North Road, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 2JH.
This school has Academy status and is part of the Gosforth Federated Academies; the employer will be the Multi Academy Trust.
Great North Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
To start November 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter)
To cover for a Maternity
19.46 hours per week (0.6 FTE).
Come to work in a thriving community. Gosforth Federated Academies is a multi-academy trust consisting of four schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Jesmond Park Academy) committed to providing a superb education for pupils from Year 5 through to Year 13. Gosforth Academy is a successful school which was rated ‘outstanding’ in its most recent Ofsted inspection. We are seeking a skilful and committed Teacher of RE to cover maternity leave in an outstanding department.
You will have the skills necessary to teach Religious Education across key stages 3 and 4. This is an opportunity to contribute to the success and excellence of a popular and well- supported subject area.
What we need:
• A passion for Religious Education as an academic discipline
• The ability to teach the subject to GCSE
• Excellent organisational skills
• An ability to work effectively within a supportive team environment
• Consistently high expectations of pupils and yourself
• Excellent communication and ICT skills.
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
• Enthusiastic and motivated students
• An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
• A large, vibrant Sixth form
• A school with its community at heart
• Low-cost membership to an on-site gym and excellent sports facilities.
This is an exceptional opportunity to contribute to a popular and high-achieving department within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
If you have any queries please email email@example.com. Alternatively visit our website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk.
Completed application forms to be returned to Mr Hugh Robinson, Principal to the address above.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12 noon on Thursday 26 September 2019.
This job is closed for applications.