DBS301/19 Caretaker - Christ Church CofE Primary School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 04/10/2019 12:00
£19,554 - £20,344 pa pro rata
Schools - Support
Christ Church CofE Primary School, Kielder Terrace, North shields
The Head Teacher and Governors wish to appoint a hardworking, reliable and enthusiastic caretaker to join our friendly, dedicated and ambitious team.
Key duties include:
• Overseeing and monitoring use of school site
• Security of the premises and their contents including key holding responsibilities
• Maintaining the cleanliness of a specified area of the premises
• Ensuring the grounds are litter free
• Porterage and handyperson duties.
• Snow clearing and frost precaution duties as appropriate.
• Active surveillance of the premises to prevent trespass by unauthorised persons.
• Ensuring adequate lighting, heating and ventilation of the premises (including the maintenance and operation of plant).
• Administrative duties arising from the use of the premises such as maintaining holiday rotas and arrangements for replacement cover, completion of returns, ordering of equipment and materials; reporting the need for any repair work necessary.
• Ensuring all caretaker checks are carried out and recorded- Water, Emergency lighting, Fire etc
• Attending relevant training to keep skills up to date – Manual handling, COSHH, Water Hygiene, Asbestos, Working above heights etc
• Assisting the Head Teacher and Office Managers with health and safety regulations concerning the cleanliness, security and maintenance of all school buildings and grounds;
• Other duties as directed by the Head Teacher and/or Office Managers
This post is fixed term until the 31st March 2020, with a view to becoming permanent, 30 hours per week, 6 hours per day, 6.30 - 9.30am and
3.00 - 6.00pm.
Christ Church CofE Primary is committed to the safety and protection of our children and we will require an enhanced DBS clearance for this post, with a view to becoming permanent.
Application forms/further details available from/return to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or alternatively send a large SAE to;
Christ Church CofE Primary School
North shields, Tyne & Wear.
Closing Date - 12.00 noon, Friday 4th October.
Interview Date - Wednesday 16th October.
This job is closed for applications.