Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 30/09/2019 16:00
Schools - Support
Shotton Primary School
Required from 4th November 2019
Permanent post/ Part time/ 7.5 hours per week/ £18,065 pro rata
The Governors are seeking to appoint a reliable, enthusiastic and hardworking cleaner to be part of an existing team working in the Children’s Centre. The successful candidate will be required to be flexible and be prepared to work in all areas of the school. The successful candidate will be able to work individually, or as part of a team, to undertake the cleaning of a designated area and ensure high standards of cleanliness and hygiene are met and maintained.
• To ensure all waste bins are emptied and refuse is removed and taken to the designated disposal point to ensure the site is clean and tidy and meets with health and safety requirements.
• To clean all furniture and fittings including ledges, pipe work and radiators ensuring high standards of cleanliness and hygiene are met and maintained.
• To clean all sanitary fixtures and fittings including the lavatories, wash room facilities and showers etc., ensuring all areas are maintained to the required standards of health and safety, reporting any damaged or broken facilities, or other maintenance issues to the appropriate member of staff.
• Carry out vacuuming in all carpeted areas ensuring correct use, carrying and storage of equipment.
• Clean all other floor areas appropriately i.e. sweeping, mopping, polishing etc., ensuring wet floor H&S hazard signs are used when required to ensure wellbeing of staff/pupils is maintained.
• To use floor scrubbing machines when required, following correct operating procedures to ensure personal and others safety and wellbeing.
• To assist in the whole school clean during school closure as per the school cleaning programme.
• To check windows and doors are free from damage and closed after cleaning has been carried out to ensure the facilities are locked and secured appropriately.
Overtime: There is a requirement for a termly deep clean of specified areas to be carried out after hours – 7pm – 10pm.
Application forms are available from this website and should be returned to the school.
Closing date for completed applications is 30 September 2019 at 4pm
Interviews to be held on Thursday 15th of October 2019
Please note that this position is whole time, which means that you will be in attendance at work all year round (52 weeks a year) and will have an annual leave entitlement (26 days if you have less than 5 years continuous local government service, 31 days if you have in excess of 5 years continuous local government service; pro rata for part time).
Please note this post is not open to job share.
Shotton Primary School
Tel: 0191 526 2006
This job is closed for applications.