Senior Pastoral Manager - Nunthorpe Academy
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 18/09/2019 12:00
£23,429.00 - £24,979.00 (Actual Salary)
Schools - Support
Head of School: Danny Yates B.Ed. (Hons)
Tel: 01642 310561
Fax: 01642 325672
DO YOU WANT TO PLAY A KEY PART IN THE DAY TO DAY SUPPORT OF OUR ACADEMY AND BE PART OF SOMETHING OUTSTANDING?
We are looking for a Senior Pastoral Manager to strengthen our pastoral support team within the academy.
Grade F £26,999 - £28,785 Salary Points 23 - 25
Actual Annual Salary £23,429 - £24,979 Term Time Only plus 5 days – 37 hours per week (the 5 days will be determined by the PD days calendared each year)
Nunthorpe Academy is a very popular co-educational 11-19 comprehensive converter Academy with approximately 1650 students on roll - judged to be Good - by OFSTED in 2019.
What can you offer Nunthorpe?
• Do you have a passion for the education of students?
• Do you possess excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills with equally excellent multi-tasking abilities?
• Are you proactive and committed with have a meticulous attention to detail, and a strong work ethic?
• Do you possess GCSE (or equivalent) grade C in Mathematics and English?
• Do you have proven experience of working with young people to support them to achieve their social and academic potential?
The successful candidate will:
• Lead a team dedicated to improving life chances for our students, work in partnership with an Assistant Pastoral Manager and a pastoral team of 15 tutors
• Monitor and maintain high standards relating to uniform and behaviour
• Monitor, implement and evaluate attendance strategies for students within your allocated House
• Develop pro-active programmes with targeted groups of individuals which support the ‘Behaviour and Engagement’ of all students
• Liaise with the Inclusion Officers to investigate specific behaviour incidents including the distribution of written/verbal/other evidence resulting from investigations
• Hold parental meetings both on and off site to support students well-being and academic progress
• Liaise effectively with external agencies and complete referrals to actively promote student well-being
• Work as part of the isolation supervision, social time supervision and first aid teams
• Lead PSPs and liaise with the Vice Principal to support managed moved students both in and out of the academy, mid-year transfers and FAPs.
What can Nunthorpe offer you?
• An innovative role with the scope for additional responsibilities and ‘whole Academy’ based projects for those applicants with sufficient initiative, talent, drive, commitment and passion.
• A specific induction programme and exciting opportunities
• A clear and purposeful role - HUGELY valued by staff, students, parents and our community
Do you think you could be part of our team, contribute to our on-going success and inspire our students, parents and your colleagues?
If so please download an application pack from website www.tes.co.uk and follow this link by Wednesday 18 September 2019 Noon.
(All completed application forms please visit www.tes.co.uk quick apply option)
We look forward to hearing from you!
This job is closed for applications.